brand new husqvarna 395 dont run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have a time specific contract with the guy?

If not, tell him to pi** off or you'll sue him for breach of contract. And start at $10 mil, that way you get his attention.

Lawyers are not people that I enjoy dealing with, but I have found that you can deter idiots by the mere mention of them.

And, just for grins, one of my cousins is a lawyer.....

FWIW,
Andy

Okay, I am not beating the saw to death or anything like that. I did a lot of trouble shooting with baileys on the phone and everything checked out. I did find a guy in a shop that I did a lot of busisness with back when I did trees f/t. This guy adjusted the carb for about 30 min. and the saw is now running great. I cut most of the wood up to find that there is a pipe in the last 10" of the trunk. Now I am blowing through chains left and right. The customer is still being a prick and does not want to hear about breaking chains. I smoked 2 32" 404 chains, 2 24" chains (3/8) and 1 36" chain. My proposals clearly state that forign objects in the tree causing damage are a additional cost for broken supply's and extra labor. I just want to finish the job and get paid the agreed price and enough to cover my chains. Every chain I smoked was brand new from baileys. PS < When I purchased a brand new Husqvarna 394 many years ago, it was the best saw I ever owned. I went through 2 stihl 066 sence then. One was damaged due to a very angry employee and the other I had several issues with. I love the 044, 020T and in that size saws, I would go with Stihl, but I pefer the 395 to a 066. Thats just my personal opinion after running both saws for many years in the past.

Well, it's friday, how are we doing with this little saw problem? I think one of the problems here is that the dealer who sold it doesn't have a 3000 mile long screwdriver to adjust the carb for you. So, it's kind of hard for a dealer in Calf. to adjust a saw he sold, in a box, to a guy in NY. See, if you bought it from a local guy, it would have been set up and running when you got it, wouldn't it? But then you might have had to pay another $50 or so, and hey, $50 bucks is $50 bucks, right? Love those on line sales!

Good show Grandedog.

:cheers:

Fred

Just cause someone is there doesn't mean they can fix it.

spike60 said:
Well, it's friday, how are we doing with this little saw problem? I think one of the problems here is that the dealer who sold it doesn't have a 3000 mile long screwdriver to adjust the carb for you. So, it's kind of hard for a dealer in Calf. to adjust a saw he sold, in a box, to a guy in NY. See, if you bought it from a local guy, it would have been set up and running when you got it, wouldn't it? But then you might have had to pay another $50 or so, and hey, $50 bucks is $50 bucks, right? Love those on line sales!

:clap: :cheers:

Grande Dog said:
Since we're paying for the carb adjustment, I guess we do have a 3000 mile long screwdriver.

Yeah, but who's paying for all of his aggravation?

A customer buying a new 395 is entitled to have it set up and running properly. Can't do that without taking it out of the box though.

No matter what the scenario is, everyone has to pay for their own aggravation until lawyers become involved. I think the majority of his aggravation is from his unreasonable customer. I'm not sure how you figure entitlement but, I didn't call him and tell him to buy this saw. After he did, I did everything I could to make him happy. I also think that if he chooses to repost on this thread he'll tell you he was satisfied with our customer service. What I think disgusting is that the local dealer who wants his business, charged him $50.00 to adjust the carb. Go figure.

Well, that's a pretty revealing look at Bailey's customer service approach. You didn't call him and tell him to buy the saw? Wow, lot of empathy in that statement.

And it's disgusting that the local dealer get's paid to spend a half hour setting up the saw that you sold without taking the time to set it up properly? I guess he should have just stopped what he was doing and cheerfully done it for free, huh?

The end user is lucky that the guy even agreed to look at it. Suppose he didn't, and the ball was in your court again? What would you do, ship him another saw that would arrive next week. Or maybe catch a flight to New York and SET UP THE SAW for your customer? (Just don't get caught going through security with your little screwdriver, it's a felony.)

The saw was fully assembled, had a bar and chain on it, and had fuel and oil in it. Disgusting is exactly how I feel for Tim. I never said he should do it for nothing but, come on, $50.00 give me a break. It's really apparent that you don't care for mail order (it's a free world) but, I'm not going to let you put down the quality of customer service without a reply.

The Husky saws are run....at the factory before they're boxed (purportedly). They're also adjusted while at the factory and (purportedly) need no adjustment out of the box below 5000 ft. elevation. Mine certainly didn't.

This customer received two saws in a row that he couldn't get to run. (Now, keep in mind that the Husky manuals I've seen have pretty concise carburetor adjustment instructions, should the saw somehow need adjustment.)

The question is, did someone attempt to 'maximize' the saw themself by playing with the initial settings...with the end result being the saw was not able to run at all? Or were both instances the responsibility of the factory?

The appearance to me is that the salespeople (Bailey's), stepped forward and shipped a new saw, then paid a 'service' bill no questions asked....eating the shipping and restocking fee also in the process. That's what I call customer service.

It would be interesting to hear in what condition the saw/carburetor/settings were in the returned saw.

coveredinsap said:
The appearance to me is that the salespeople (Bailey's), stepped forward and shipped a new saw, then paid a 'service' bill no questions asked....eating the shipping and restocking fee also in the process. That's what I call customer service.

They went far and beyond what most local dealers would do.

I've always had good luck with Bailey's customer service. The few mistakes ever made were fixed quickly,with no questions asked. I'm lucky to have an awesome Husky dealer for saws, but everything else usually comes from Baileys.

Two saws with the same problem sounds like a manufacturing set-up issue or operator error.

He had a choice!

I think everyone is missing this one point here. At least the person buying the saw had a choice. Go to his local dealer or buy online. Choice is what we all like here. Like which chain to run or etc. The buyer could of went to a local dealer and got a saw set up in front of him. But he chose not to. At least he HAD a choice, unlike the other name brand of saw out there. I will take choice, over a bad local dealer anyday.

i got a few things from Baileys with no complaints at all....and GrandeDog took my order and answered my questions honestly......no complaints here at all. looks like they gave more customer service than most local shops would have.

spike60 said:

Awwwwwwwww Spike ya oreny ole cuss why did's ya has to go and say that,hahaha. You gonna have these guys thinking us dealers charge 50.00 for set up. They gonna miss the point of what ya mean for sure. I know exactly what ya meant by that. What ya saying is online prices are lower than dealer prices but ya get a saw thats set up, checked out and ready to go before it goes out the door. I know exactly what your saying there and I couldn't agree with ya more. Ya save 50.00 bucks by buying online and thats all well and good but sometimes, like that 395, a problem may arise and ya sorta in a bind because ya can't figure out the problem ya self. Now that feller you bought it online from will surely do all he can for ya as the man from Baileys did. However ya can only do so much with words and advice from another when your the one doing the work on the saw. Theres always a fine line whenever ya buy anything through the mail, no matter what it may be. Problems do sometime come out the box for whatever reason. Not on purpose mind ya but at times things happen. To avoid such problems with chainsaws ya gots a choice, buy it local and pay a tad more or buy it online and save a few dollars and hope it's ok when ya get it. I see both sides of this story about the 395. The man at Baileys did all he could from where he was, got no fault with him, Ole Spike is saying had ya bought it from a local dealer and paid a bit more you would have save ya self some trouble. Who's right , I'd have to go with Spike's point of view however not all people think there will be a problem like the man who bought the saw online. He had no clue a problem would come up but it did. So we left with a decision of which is the best way to go, save 50.00 and take a chance or spend 50.00 more and get it ready to go. Not really a matter of who is right and who is wrong but merely a decsion by the buyer. Wonder if that feller will continue to buy saws online after the problems he had even though the man at Bailey's did all he could for him. He now knows that things do happen that is no fault of anyone. Choice is up to the buyer..............

grand dog

Grande Dog said:
The saw was fully assembled, had a bar and chain on it, and had fuel and oil in it. Disgusting is exactly how I feel for Tim. I never said he should do it for nothing but, come on, $50.00 give me a break. It's really apparent that you don't care for mail order (it's a free world) but, I'm not going to let you put down the quality of customer service without a reply.
I don't know all of what happened here but much of this could be avoided if you test run a saw before shipment. Factories make mistakes and new in the box doesn't always garentee it will run. i hope you take care of this customer:jawdrop:

missing point

Cut4fun said:
I think everyone is missing this one point here. At least the person buying the saw had a choice. Go to his local dealer or buy online. Choice is what we all like here. Like which chain to run or etc. The buyer could of went to a local dealer and got a saw set up in front of him. But he chose not to. At least he HAD a choice, unlike the other name brand of saw out there. I will take choice, over a bad local dealer anyday.
I think you are missing the point here the man bought a new saw IT SHOULD RUN weather from a local dealer or from a dealer in sing sing.:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back