brand new husqvarna 395 dont run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sedanman said:
Slinger, Around here a decent size removal will be 3 to 5 thousand dollars. These are pretty much impossible without chainsaws. My point is that an 11 hundred dollar chainsaw is a easily paid for in a days work doing residential take downs, every days use you get out of thereafter is pure profit. I have one customer that buys a half dozen saws a year, not all from me unfortunately ( he like another brand top handle saw) but he does average a saw every other month for his crews. He ain't crying over the price, he knows it's the cost of doing business and his saws do make him money. He also knows I'll take of him when he drops a saw off.
Wow!! Find me a house I am headed east.:greenchainsaw: I understand your point - that is just amazing money.

People that live in Calf. might just be the only ones that would think houses around here are affordable!

spike60 said:
People that live in Calf. might just be the only ones that would think houses around here are affordable!
Just to set record straight. N. Calif and S. Calif are two totally different places. The people, the landscape and the views are black and white.
Just out of curiousity what is affordable?

It varies widely around here in the Hudson valley. 2000 sq. ft. on 3 acres could be anywhere from $300,000 to $600,000. Our town just had a reval, so we are getting ready to dress up as indians and throw the tea in the harbor if you know what I mean.

spike60 said:
It varies widely around here in the Hudson valley. 2000 sq. ft. on 3 acres could be anywhere from $300,000 to $600,000. Our town just had a reval, so we are getting ready to dress up as indians and throw the tea in the harbor if you know what I mean.
Thats what many ranchettes are going for around here. In 2000 I bought 5 1/2 arces of timbered land with a three bed room house and a guest cabin for $103,000. After my improvements and a huge real estate boom it was appraised for $320,000 last fall.

spike60 said:
In Mahopac 2 doors away from me 1800 sq.raised ranch 1.2 acres $579,000 and that is considered a very affordable home

spike60 said:

That ain't bad. I live in AR and can't buy three acres in my town for that hardly.

Fred

Ny,ca,=oh

I will never ever complain about Ohio's prices again. I have a 2.5 acre, a 5.25 acre and a 11.25 acre places. I didnt pay anything near what you guys in NY,CA pay. Except for the one treeslinger bought in 2000 is the only thing close in price. But I did buy my places back in 93,94 when prices were cheaper even in ohio. To open up and trim 5, 90 foot maples here cost $600. To take down and remove 1, 2 foot oak around main power wires and house wires and close to 2 houses was to cost $1200-$1700. So Nate topped it out, then dropped her and we cut it up ourselfs. Saving a family member some bucks.

To take down and remove 1, 2 foot oak around main power wires and house wires and close to 2 houses was to cost $1200-$1700.

That's what the going rate is around here too.

Slinger, Around here (NY) a decent size removal will be 3 to 5 thousand dollars.

That's because you have to pay Tony Soprano half, and the rest is at union shop wage rates. No kidding.

husqvarna 395 dont run

I own the same saw and had the same problem. Try cracking the gas cap which should release the presure build up. This was my problem the vent was plugged. As soon as I craked it open it ran fine.

Quaker... check out the date on that last post.. April 06. :)

Ian

Edit... Welcome to the Forum

Last edited:
I work managing a family owned Napa auto parts and Machine shop so I understand the dealers feelings being undercut by internet sales(I hear it all the time Autozone or Oreily is cheaper). I also understand people like the one who started the post originally and the need to buy cheap as possible to maintain their business(we do buy from other suppliers on somethings to get better pricing which we pass on I might add). But how many of you dealers who complain on here about internet sales sell on this site's trading post or on Ebay. Yes you may be selling used but your still taking possible new sales from the local dealers where the people lived that you sold to. I also agree that if I brought a saw or whatever into a shop that I bought elsewhere and the guy treated me like sh%*, I wouldn't be back. If he treated me fairly then I would become a regular customer. You have to treat all customer right or you wont be around in the future. And speaking of the future,the internet is todays market place(even we list things on it). As for Bailey's, I buy from them and will continue to in the future even thou I can get some things from one of my suppliers that I can get cheaper from them. Not a good idea to bad mouth the site sponsors either.

Last edited:
Saw

I THINK I WOULD TAKE THE D-- SCREEN OUT OF THE MUFFLER TH ATS WHAT I DID TO MINE:chainsaw:

Bailey's is the devil. They manage to get money out of my bank account and think that sending me wedges and widgets and chains and anything else that mysteriously appears in my personal hell called "shopping cart" somehow makes it right. :help:

Ian

It appears that under regular use there should be no problem. I think it's maybe the hard use combined with a 'iffy' 50:1 mix that causes a small percentage of new saws (from all manufacturers) to have seizure problems. The manufacturers probably figure that small percentage of seizures as the cost of doing business with the new EPA regs.

I'm no expert, though ...that's just what the evidence indicates.

For myself...again, I would tend to err on the side of caution and stay on the down side of 32:1, particularly for a new saw. But that's just me.

so, you're saying,,, that new saws will blow up or seize running 50:1 ????? just had a new (3 month old MS-460 bite the dust ) dealer said it was run with bad fuel....it ran the same fuel as all our other saws !!!!!! they ended up fixing the thing for free...after the boss had a hissy fit about spending $900 for the thing... do tell

lololol There's nothing iffy about 50:1

You obviously don't know coveredinsap...

This thread is 2 years old... SAP is long gone (uh oh..., now I've gone and done it... he's been back before)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back