Broke the new 550XP in tonight!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked the saw's plate today. It was made 2013, week 49, 268th saw made that week. I also went and tied into a 20"-22" Douglas Fir with it this afternoon, the 550 handled it no problem!!

The 16 and 18 inch Tsumura light bars are now finished, but in Japan, waiting for a boat then 2 weeks etc, so by end of the month I should have them here. I already have the 20 inch in small mount. Will also have regular mount in 20" and larger.

Dave.

What pitch and size is the tips of the 16 and 18" ones?

The 16 and 18 inch Tsumura light bars are now finished, but in Japan, waiting for a boat then 2 weeks etc, so by end of the month I should have them here. I already have the 20 inch in small mount. Will also have regular mount in 20" and larger.

Dave.

If those bars are based on the 3/8" ones, the dl count will not match the "normal" .325 count - everyone needs to pay close attention to the dl count.

When you have a 550 in your hand you don't want to have any other thing , you are the king , until you take some realy long walk with no pay for this big long walk in the swamp . Wear two or three clutch drum in your backpack and take care of your can of pepsi mufler , good luck we have all each diferent job

When you have a 550 in your hand you don't want to have any other thing , you are the king , until you take some realy long walk with no pay for this big long walk in the swamp . Wear two or three clutch drum in your backpack and take care of your can of pepsi mufler , good luck we have all each diferent job
I get that you had a bad experience with a 550, but I'd like a bit more detail...

The two shoe clutch has never been an issue for me, and the three shoe from a 562 fits, so if I had an issue there is an obvious upgrade. You mention needing spare clutch drums - am I misunderstanding? I don't know how to damage a clutch drum, shoes perhaps, but not a drum.
The muffler is of course easily dented, that saw may aswell not have a dog. A 562 dog can be modified to fit at the expense of another half inch of usable bar length - but it does protect the muffler.
I do many different jobs with a 50cc or 60cc saw, but only a few months with the 550. I like it a lot.

I get that you had a bad experience with a 550, but I'd like a bit more detail...

The two shoe clutch has never been an issue for me, and the three shoe from a 562 fits, so if I had an issue there is an obvious upgrade. You mention needing spare clutch drums - am I misunderstanding? I don't know how to damage a clutch drum, shoes perhaps, but not a drum.
The muffler is of course easily dented, that saw may aswell not have a dog. A 562 dog can be modified to fit at the expense of another half inch of usable bar length - but it does protect the muffler.
I do many different jobs with a 50cc or 60cc saw, but only a few months with the 550. I like it a lot.

I understand what you are saying but I also understand what Sam is saying. He makes his living with his saws and when they break down, it creates a real hardship for him. For those of us who just cut firewood, we usually cut close to the truck or cable the logs close to the truck. But when a guy makes his living as Sam does, he has to walk all the back to the truck to remedy the problem. The entire time he's doing this, he's not making money. I can see how that would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

The drumm will broke in first and realy fast and yes no probleme with the 2 shoes clutch , but the tionals one broke easily to . If you use your saw only for firewood you will never have probleme with your 550 , when it work good its my favorite saw ! But when you doing 12h of work a day and burning 8liter of gazz (in the back sac) The injury comes quickly ,it's not only me , all line cutter i know did the same thing to me and they love the 346....

The drumm will broke in first and realy fast and yes no probleme with the 2 shoes clutch , but the tionals one broke easily to . If you use your saw only for firewood you will never have probleme with your 550 , when it work good its my favorite saw ! But when you doing 12h of work a day and burning 8liter of gazz (in the back sac) The injury comes quickly ,it's not only me , all line cutter i know did the same thing to me and they love the 346....
Thanks. I've never used 8l of fuel in a work day in a 50cc saw, half that is very rare. It will take a long time to see the problems you have seen.

I understand what you are saying but I also understand what Sam is saying. He makes his living with his saws and when they break down, it creates a real hardship for him. For those of us who just cut firewood, we usually cut close to the truck or cable the logs close to the truck. But when a guy makes his living as Sam does, he has to walk all the back to the truck to remedy the problem. The entire time he's doing this, he's not making money. I can see how that would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.
Your assumptions about me are incorrect, and if you did understand what I was saying you would realise I am curious about the problems Sam has seen, as I haven't seen them. I'm not disagreeing with him, I just wanted more details - his experience might save me $ and a long walk one day.

Your assumptions about me are incorrect, and if you did understand what I was saying you would realise I am curious about the problems Sam has seen, as I haven't seen them. I'm not disagreeing with him, I just wanted more details - his experience might save me $ and a long walk one day.

I don't understand them either, but I'm not a pro. It is the first time I hear about them though, so I am skeptical, based on how long the model has been out. It isn't exactly a new entry on the market....

I don't understand them either, but I'm not a pro. It is the first time I hear about them before though, so I am skeptical, based on how long the model has been out. It isn't exactly a new entry on the market....

You never hear of Husky problems but you know of imaginary problems with the Echo 620p?: "Yes, the plastic tank assembly does break on those saws, where the handlebar attaches to the front part of it". I'm gonna use your line: "I am skeptical". I'm not only skeptical, I'm starting to think you just make things up to bash a solid line of saws. When you say something and provide no proof to back it up, what else is there to think?

Back