Building the ultimate sleeper saw.... 46cc Craftsman into a ported 72cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tractorsaw1

Tractorsaw1

ArboristSite Guru
Couple of questions for the guru's

1. What size are the jug bolts? When I put an 066 top end on an 064 i moved them in the case when opening them up, maybe they are all ready 6mm?

2. If one is to hunt up a carb for this setup, can anyone enlighten me on what saws they are on or some where to start looking for one.

Picking up a 2700 poulan afterwork tonight

barneyrb

barneyrb

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have seen one of those bottom ends turn 15,600 with a 60cc non windowed piston. That saw is still 4stroking and tuned for cutting at 14,700. Don't let your mouth write a check your azz won't be able to cash. Jus saying.............:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

IEL

fight thread slacker
I know nothing about those poulans. I was just thinking that with that much extra power, it might not last. feel free to flame me, I am new to saw mods, and am still learning.

Last edited:
tbone75
I know nothing about those poulans. I was just thinking that with that much extra power, it might not last. feel free to flame me, I am new to saw mods, and am still learning.

Them ol Poulans are some tough saws ! Really over built I think ? I only have 5 or 6 of that type , sold 4 others. LOL 3300 is one of my favorites !

Edit : Don't you guys go getting any ideas ! They aint going no where ! LOL

Last edited:
Wagnerwerks

Wagnerwerks

The underdog..

We aren't bashing...lol. Just loving the stoutly engineered green machines of late. You weren't rude and I didn't mean to bash you.

There were amazing saws that get no love from newbies... We're defensive...;)

IEL

fight thread slacker
We aren't bashing...lol. Just loving the stoutly engineered green machines of late. You weren't rude and I didn't mean to bash you.

There were amazing saws that get no love from newbies... We're defensive...;)

No worries lol. I was just admitting I was wrong. I figured these poulans were after he quality nose dive, and didnt think they would stand up to it. I have survived weldingweb, and those guys go ot of heir way to flame people

Latest posts