• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Case Splitter for Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my Husqvarna splitter for 60 at my local husky dealer in Chehalis Wa that also ships..... I have used it on many Stihl saws.

huh ????
it says $92 and free shipping and it also says its for a stihl

It can be made to use on some Stihl cases, the "forks" need to be spread apart or bent so that they can access the case around the crank and not ON the crank.
ive thought about figuring out how to make the forks "adjustable" to make them work. But I'm a "thinker" not a welder..... :(

huh ????
it says $92 and free shipping and it also says its for a stihl
This is the stihl splitter open and close the case, the husqvarna only open

$_57.JPG

It can be made to use on some Stihl cases, the "forks" need to be spread apart or bent so that they can access the case around the crank and not ON the crank.
ive thought about figuring out how to make the forks "adjustable" to make them work. But I'm a "thinker" not a welder..... :(

I thought about the adjustable forks too as mine is home made and thicker steel than the manufacturers tool.
Drill a hole through one fork high enough not to interfere with the case of the saw when the tool is in place.
Weld a nut so a bolt can go though the hole. Tighten the bolt to spread the forks. The welded nut holds pressure on one fork while the bolt pushes on the other...

thats some ugly welding right there...I know you didn't do that !!! :)
The stihl dont do this as they dont do cylinders, pistons and many more, they dont care for the finishing just for the functionality, any way, here you look some long nuts, theese are for close all the saws, and many others machines, also the center bolt is have right threads and half left, think how the clutch screw and you understand why this tool open and close,
And with some modifications this tool can open and close all saws, no matter if husky, dolmar , etc and without moving the piston.
my opinion is the husky spliter is a good bull.............. and have two splitters for big models and for small so if you have 346xp and buy the wrong splitter ................... and can not open the 550xp 560,562 and i think the 576.

Back