• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Case Splitter for Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you post a pic of where it mounts on the engine?
The saw see how must be for put in the tool , the oil pump out
10846617_10204575407737198_1455527629_n.jpg

Now the tool , it give you itself the position when you put to the saw screw on it the bar nuts a little tight
10866890_10204575407657196_2054943776_n.jpg

now its ready for open just turn left the bolt a little heat always help.

the next image is the long nut that with this can close the case, screw this nut to the spliter bolt ( have left hand thread )
10866947_10204575407257186_854122002_n.jpg

Now unscrew the tool bolt ( not the long nut ) and live the long nut about 2 cm out of the tool, then go to put in to the saw. place the long nut to the shaft where the clutch screw, and unscrew the bolt of the splitter, so the long nut have the same threads as the clutch when you unscrew the bolt the long nut will screw to the shaft, continue until the tool is in his place, then screw the bar nuts to the tool.
now the tool is ready to close the case continue to unscrew the splitter bolt until the case close,
when you close the oil pump must be in place, because the tool pull out the bearing.

10841187_10204575407177184_1315463900_n.jpg

i think that i explain as best as i can , if you need a video no problem,
i make also a video with the MDG1 and the Husqvarna autotune diagnostic tool, just for see what this tools can do, and for clear the picture that theese tools can not fix the saw , as many members think

Excellent pictures and information.
The flywheel side tool looks expensive. 5910-007-2201
Thanks for posting these.
Yes its a little heavy tool ( wallet) but no used very much , but and with this tool can also open and close the case, so its personal decision wich tool you buy.

Me likey, but me wallet -- no likey :dumb:
:innocent:
For helping your wallet, sent me adress and i sent you the templates of the steel flywheel spliter tool this with the many holes, or you better like the husqvarna splitter? so you can try to make one, and not excuse " i am not welder " go to someone who is so simple.:) post FREE

Are these templates on your computer? Can you just upload them in a post and we can just download them???
i have sent you with post the templates of the husqvarna splitter, you want for the stihl flywheel spliter ? its not so easy to copy this tool from your laptop

I like the stihl tool. It looked easier to make when I need a case splitter. So I made a rude and crude one. It works very well.

Latest posts

Back