CENEX two cycle oil questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16gauge

16gauge

ArboristSite Operative
Just got me 2 gallons of the Cenex mix for the price of one :blob2: ...yahoo. Product is labeled TC 502 two cycle air cooled engine lubricant. The usual sales pitch on the back...low ash, minimum deposits/fouling for high performance air cooled engines. Mix ratios from 16:1 to 50:1. I'm thinking I can use this for all of my 2 cycle stuff...new and older. I like the fact that it has lots of dye in it. Maybe I won't put so much saw gas in my lawn mowers using this :dizzy: ...lol.

Anyone used this on their 2-cycle equipment?

Any ideas on the "universal mix ratio" that will work well with weedeaters, a Still MS 180 and Jonsereds 625 saws?

My young nephew uses WalMart two cycle outboard oil in his 029 with some success :cry: ...if nothing else I could give it to him.

Lobo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Never heard of it ! Must be from Russia or some place like that.

Remember when you purchased one Lada car and got a second one free ?

Lobo

Addicted to ArboristSite
16gauge just pulling your leg, I have never heard of that brand of oil.

It could very well be an excellent product, may be others here know the product.

I was able to find this on Cenex on the internet.

2Coilinveins

2Coilinveins

Former Member
I can get Cenex 2-stroke at the local Wilco. I didn't buy, for some reason $9 a gallon just puts me off........

I very much doubt I'll switch from Racing 2T, but if anyone has any info on Cenex, I'm interested too.

bushido1

bushido1

My young nephew uses WalMart two cycle outboard oil in his 029 with some success ...if nothing else I could give it to him.

My understanding is that outboard 2 stroke oil is not suitable for aircooled 2 strokes as they run hotter and require a higher spec oil. I know of a stilhl saw which seized running outboard oil.

16gauge

16gauge

ArboristSite Operative
90 day update on Cenex

I mixed at 40:1 and used in my weedeater and older Husky 136 first...weedeater for small weeds and Husky for big weeds and brush. No carb adjustments needed and all was good but the weedeater was not getting it done so I replaced it. :eek:

Next I used it on the new Echo string trimmer (after the first tank provided with purchase). This is the best trimmer I've ever used. No smoke at all! Could it be the tolerances of Echo vs. Weedeater. I used the echo pretty hard around my house and the parents house through late summer and fall...lots of weeds this time of year and with gardens we do not use weedkiller. No problems and the plug looked great when I checked after a month. :)

So then the Jonsey 625. I got the usual smoke at startup and after long idling but it runs strong and cool on this mix (40:1 with premium Chevron or Shell gas). I have not tried it with my Stihls as yet, but I would not hesitate unless someone can convince me not to. :p

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
bushido1 said:
My young nephew uses WalMart two cycle outboard oil in his 029 with some success ...if nothing else I could give it to him.

My understanding is that outboard 2 stroke oil is not suitable for aircooled 2 strokes as they run hotter and require a higher spec oil. I know of a stilhl saw which seized running outboard oil.

I rebuilt a Stihl BR320 (blower) today that has been run for the past year (not often) on Outboard mix.. Top ring was gummed into the piston, cylinder and muffler full of greasy carbon. Not nice, and a $150 bill for using the wrong oil...

16gauge

16gauge

ArboristSite Operative
Lakeside, :) The outboard oil was removed from the nephews property as soon as I found it...my point was that whatever damage was done the Cenex oil probably could not make things worse. My nephew is pretty savvy but is has been working on the road as an electrician. I think it was his ex that bought the outboard oil. Probably thought he had a water cooled Stihl...Ha Ha Ha. I cleaned up the 029 of chips and dust, filed the bar and chain, etc. With a clean filter, new plug, and my fresh sawgas it cleared its throat and runs as good as new IMO. :blob5: The 029 seems pretty bulletproof to homeowner abuse if this is any example.

Latest posts