Chain won't spin after tightening the nut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the chain sharpened after hitting some barbwire in a tree
I am wondering if you sharpen the chain yourself or did you have someone else to do it? If it was someone else are you sure you the same chain back? Count your DLs and compare it the bar specs.

As J.Walker wrote it may be off one DL either way and it can be a world difference on some bars.[/quote]

Thanks for the help, I will get some pics up after I finish my afternoon project.

I don't know if this is the correct bar... I wondered that myself soon as I realized it is a 14" bar on this badass 50cc, ported saw with the next size up larger carburetor. I bet it would even cut well with 18" and maybe even 20"!

Sounds exactly like the symtoms associated with worn drive tangs/worn sprocket. I bet a new sprocket and chain will fix this issue. Sure you can make what you have work and run but best solution would be to replace chain & sprocket to prevent stress to other components. While I am some what guess diagnosing, based on the info given and my experience, its a good guess.

Thanks for the help, I will get some pics up after I finish my afternoon project.

I don't know if this is the correct bar... I wondered that myself soon as I realized it is a 14" bar on this badass 50cc, ported saw with the next size up larger carburetor. I bet it would even cut well with 18" and maybe even 20"!

I have a ported 346 set up as a limbing saw.
The saw has a Husky 325 bar, 56 drivers, 50ga. It's about 14"
I run a 8 pin sprocket on the saw.
It's got good chain speed!

Had a friend...he was having an issue getting his clutch cover off, decided to pry it free with the scrench, then couldnt gt it back on. When I approached he was like a two sweaty monkeys trying to make love to a football...lol

Long story short, he had the chain brake on while trying to remove the cover. His didn't spin freely after that until fixed.

It is Husqvarna chain. H37 is .050 gauge 3/8 lo profile chain. You need .325 on that saw.

Did you see the markings stamped on the bar? 3/8", .050", 52DL. Are you saying this chain is not a match (for this bar) or are you just recommending a .325?

As for a chain type, does it matter that this saw is strong, ported and larger carb?

Latest posts

Back