Chainsaw meets jeans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at a machine shop that this happened. Killed the guy.
there's a video on reddit of a Russian dude being wrapped up in a lathe

"safety gear" isnt always the answer, technique and experience is! I will admit safety gear is good to have, saved me before, BUT, sometimes it causes complacency too, I know I run saws way different when wearing shorts than I do when I'm wearing my cloggers, I shouldn't, but I do

there's a video on reddit of a Russian dude being wrapped up in a lathe
I'm pretty sure my LeBlond 10 horse Servo Shift would 'wrap me up' real quick if I let it. Machine tools have no feelings or no conscience at all. Never have, never will. Machine tools as well as chain saws only to what the owner instructs them to do and that applies to firearms as well.

Sounds pretty shaky to me. Properly chased threads on any object, rarely need dressing, unless the threading tool was improperly aligned, or the coolant was not applied or something else was not correct. In my shop neither myself nor any of my employees would alter a thread profile with abrasive of any kind because that would compromise the sealing of the mating threads. Sounds wonky to me.

Attachments

• IMG_2956.png
    IMG_2956.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
So, all you know is what some news person said on TV or whatever. When you start believing their distorted facts you need to examine your philosophies about stuff.

IOW, they don't know poop from applebutter.

I wonder if they think this one is garbage as well...

It wouldn't quite be a waste of my time if I had seen clearly what you were building at the front of the video. The modern trend is to post "how to.." videos without telling you what is being built. Then you gotta watch the whole thing to see what they were doing.
Myself, I start at the ending, then play it if interested.

That is a nice little "sawhorse" for putting twigs on for folks that don't know how to keep their saw out of the dirt. I've never felt the need for any such contraptions, including all versions of log-lifters and peaveys with stands built in.

All they do is slow you down.

It wouldn't quite be a waste of my time if I had seen clearly what you were building at the front of the video. The modern trend is to post "how to.." videos without telling you what is being built. Then you gotta watch the whole thing to see what they were doing.
Myself, I start at the ending, then play it if interested.

That is a a nice little "sawhorse" for putting twigs on for folks that don't know how to keep their saw out of the dirt. I've never felt the need for any such contraptions, including all versions of log-lifters and peaveys with stands built in.

All they do is slow you down.
Yep, just cut most of the way through, flip and finish the cut if the log allows

log lifter to rule them all!

typically I pick up a 20+ft log and buck it at waist high, only downside to this is the bucket taking up a 24" section of log, so at the end you end up with a double round but its easily cut on the ground or re-grab if you have a second person to operate the machine
ive lifted (and carried) logs well over 60 feet long with this, albeit dead, but still did it and moved it!
1707440997035.png

Word of advice oliver, need to grow up a little, most, and I mean probably 98% or more of this forum don't know anything about discord or most of your other quotes

Also, yeah the videos sometimes seem like you're working a little too hard to make a video

Good on ya getting out and working, but instructional videos when you have only a few days of experience isn't the right way to go imo

Word of advice oliver, need to grow up a little, most, and I mean probably 98% or more of this forum don't know anything about discord or most of your other quotes

Also, yeah the videos sometimes seem like you're working a little too hard to make a video

Good on ya getting out and working, but instructional videos when you have only a few days of experience isn't the right way to go imo
I didn't reference Discord, but I am talking about how some people are addicted to this forum. I have deleted all of my inaccurate tutorials and other stupidity as was recommended by all of you.

You forgot to say it was a kids instructional video.

I was taught how to use a saw properly and have never wore chaps.
WE might question the properly part of " how to use a saw properly" if you were not instructed on chaps?

Just watch youtube or TV of the pro loggers and how fast/easy the accidents occur. I recall one YT the boss's son just had to trim ONE small limb at the landing, the limb sprang back, KICKING THE SAW, the chain nicked his chaps and locked up, and the son said THANK YOU JESUS. Wife has a 87yo ranch Uncle, lost his eye after a limb under tension sprang back during storm damage cleanup on a sloped creek bank. I also recall Uncles neighbor who died 10-20yrs earlier doing similar on a pond bank, and saw went into his leg, alone, he bled to death.

Word of advice: it is bad form to insult 98% of any group. I'd add that I have often been impressed at the depth of knowledge and experience to be found on this forum. If you really think that statement is true, then you are just too full of yourself and can't see your own shortcomings.

Think about it. The dummies are mostly off watching TV at this hour, drinking beer in some tavern, or doing some equally mindless daily ritual.

Word of advice: it is bad form to insult 98% of any group. I'd add that I have often been impressed at the depth of knowledge and experience to be found on this forum. If you really think that statement is true, then you are just too full of yourself and can't see your own shortcomings.

Think about it. The dummies are mostly off watching TV at this hour, drinking beer in some tavern, or doing some equally mindless daily ritual.
im not insulting anyone, just stating that most members here arent teenagers and therefor wouldnt know what Discord is, or the "69" reference posted earlier

Back