Chainsaw Mishap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
attachment.php

attachment.php

That is the saw.

Scooterbum

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tell him I'll make him a deal if he has to have that exact saw.But I would rather cut with an XL12,at least you can find parts for them.

Notice the custom hand carved starter?

blsnelling
The scary part is that he asked to borrow one of my saws. I told him I'd have no problem if it were for him, but not to do someone elses work. After this happen, I kindly said, "Aren't you glad that wasn't a $800 saw?". Even a MS260 with a good port job would cost close to $800 to replace. This could potentially happen to anyone and then who's going to fork over the dough. It's not likely to happen. I guarantee you that however he felt about me not loaning them was a lot easier to deal with than someone having to deal with losing an expensive saw. As you guys say, never loan your saws out unless you go with them. I don't hav a so called loaner saw. They're either pro Stihl saws that are ported or they're collector saws.

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
I built a wall around that in my brain. It also helps that he might not be in the family for much longer. :)

Yeah, I was hesitant about it too. It shoots better than anything I have shot before and fits in my hand nice. I need to shoot more often though, it has been almost a year since I pulled it out.

Should I mention the purple shirt too? hahaha!

Is 10 mm ammo hard to find? I heard it is a great cartridge.

Hope your BIL gets out of your hair, sounds like there is hope.......

(Does your sister like science teachers?):greenchainsaw:

computeruser

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Should I mention the purple shirt too? hahaha!

Black suit, purple shirt, black tie. "Goin' out" clothes. It was part of a bachelor party all-day event, and we went off to a sickeningly expensive dinner afterwards...quite a sight, a bunch of well-dressed armed men eating some really incredible steaks, seafood, and sushi at this "swanky" restaurant where you sit on couches and eat off of coffee tables, yet somehow spend $1200+ on dinner for a dozen guys. Earlier in the day we had gone to a very cool indoor bocce ball place where they served some great pizzas while we played boccee, equally well-armed but somewhat less well-dressed at that point :)

IMG_2603Medium.jpg

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is 10 mm ammo hard to find? I heard it is a great cartridge.

Hope your BIL gets out of your hair, sounds like there is hope.......

(Does your sister like science teachers?):greenchainsaw:

I don't think it is that hard, i don't use it though. I prefer the .40 S&W.

Sis was a science teacher, might be a good match. Just don't touch my saws. :cheers:

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
I don't think it is that hard, i don't use it though. I prefer the .40 S&W.

Sis was a science teacher, might be a good match. Just don't touch my saws. :cheers:

I have a Steyr polymer with triangular sights in 40 S&W, that I like a lot. The safety is actually in front of the trigger, and the trigger finger is raised to deactivate the safety. It is unlike anything I have ever seen

I remember a friend's Smith revolver in 10 mm that used little retaining rings that functioned like speedloaders........ an interesting setup.

Hmmm, methinks the thread is hijacked. Mea culpa.:greenchainsaw:

excess650

excess650

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a Steyr polymer with triangular sights in 40 S&W, that I like a lot. The safety is actually in front of the trigger, and the trigger finger is raised to deactivate the safety. It is unlike anything I have ever seen

I remember a friend's Smith revolver in 10 mm that used little retaining rings that functioned like speedloaders........ an interesting setup.

Hmmm, methinks the thread is hijacked. Mea culpa.:greenchainsaw:

:arg: :arg: :arg:

hmmmm S&W 610 came in 5" and 6-1/2" versions back in the late 80s. I might know the wherabouts of a 5":) uses "fullmoon clips" to retain the cartridges for extraction, but really should headspace on the case mouth. The original 10mm was a bit warm for automatics(originally for the Bren Ten, and then the Colt Delta Elite) and later downloaded, but still more powerful than the 40 Short & Weak.:hmm3grin2orange:

Bummer about someone stealing the saw, and especially now that it turned up on the street and puctured someone's oil pan;)

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sounds like he better lay off the LSD. At least it was only a junk Craftsman...too bad he will have to pay for the cars oil pan, engine damage and fire...YIKES.

woodchuck361

woodchuck361

ArboristSite Guru
I don't have a so called loaner saw. They're either pro Stihl saws that are ported or they're collector saws.

Let this be a good reason to get a cheep poulan as a loaner. Look on the bright side it may not start.LOL Oh and don't tell anyone that you have it unless they ask to barrow one. Then hand it over with a grin :greenchainsaw:

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Brad, let me know if you need parts for this saw, I think I have several of them... one or two with crazy compression. I do second the notion of replacing it with an XL, but I prefer the auto oiler (XLAO). It'll satisfy his craving for magnesium, be a LOT easier on his back, and he won't have a sore thumb. GREAT firewood saw.

The Homelite is on its way... pretty much had to build the box for this beast. Bar and chain are coming separately.

I'm a wheelgun guy....Rossi .44 special in a shoulder holster accompany me to the woods.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cpr

Insurance is just as goofed up as the legal system. If it was up to me, you'd be on the hook to repair your own car for failing to miss a 12LB., 2' BY 1' OBJECT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! :buttkick:

blsnelling
My bro and I tore both saws down last night. We still have to clean parts up and put one back together with the best parts of both. You ought to see my workbench:dizzy:.

They do seem quite well made. Looks like it might be a Homelite copy. It also seems pretty small for 60cc, a good thing. I noticed a copper line running from the crankcase to the oiler. Does that serve as a automatic oiler and then the button is for manual assist?

I still need a air filter cover. Do you have one Andre? I might need a coil as well. I won't know until I get it back together. The coil is partly melted on the one that was running before it was hit. The other has not been tested and the plug wire is nearly torn in two and is not replaceable. I'm going to be ticked if we do all this work only to not have a working igntion!