Charity Cut for Interfaith Caregivers-Who is up for the task at hand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BARB-Add another 10 people to the guest list for dinner. Some are Noobies and others have helped in the past. Should be a perfect day weather-wise, Looking forward to seeing everyone again! (not YOU pele55!!):msp_thumbup:

We are going to plan for about 35. There will be plenty for everyone to eat. There might be a reporter there from the Burnett County Sentinel. He wants to do a story on the Arborists. I think the promise of a turkey dinner also gave him incentive.

Think we should do a light lunch about 12:00 or so? Maybe a bowl of chili and sandwiches. I have another lady making chili too. Not as good as Sarah's venison no bean chili, but chili just the same.
Maybe that and Fritos. Would make a good break. Just let me know.

Called Main Street and they had already been warned.

we are going to plan for about 35. There will be plenty for everyone to eat. There might be a reporter there from the burnett county sentinel. He wants to do a story on the arborists. I think the promise of a turkey dinner also gave him incentive.

Think we should do a light lunch about 12:00 or so? Maybe a bowl of chili and sandwiches. I have another lady making chili too. Not as good as sarah's venison no bean chili, but chili just the same.
Maybe that and fritos. Would make a good break. Just let me know.

Called main street and they had already been warned.

perfect!!!

We are going to plan for about 35. There will be plenty for everyone to eat. There might be a reporter there from the Burnett County Sentinel. He wants to do a story on the Arborists. I think the promise of a turkey dinner also gave him incentive.

Think we should do a light lunch about 12:00 or so? Maybe a bowl of chili and sandwiches. I have another lady making chili too. Not as good as Sarah's venison no bean chili, but chili just the same.
Maybe that and Fritos. Would make a good break. Just let me know.

Called Main Street and they had already been warned.

:cry::cry::cry:

I'm a little confused about which things are going on today and which things are going on tomorrow. Anyone wanna help out with an itinerary for tomorrow? Signed --- Clueless in Ely. :D :D

Full tank of gas,truck loaded with saws and alarm set for 4:30AM.Going to try and make Siren,WI by 7:00AM if I don't get lost taking the back roads over.I sure hope some of those back roads have been fixed over the summer.I just about lost all the bondo on my truck the last time over.

Here a link to the Interfaith Cutting Site. 45.973814,-92.375162 - Google Maps

Should be just south of Danbury on Hayden lake road.
You could come across 48/77 from Hinckley.

Interesting. Both Google Maps and Mapquest make it 20 miles shorter to come down through Superior and down Hwy. 35 than down I35 and over into Wisconsin. Time difference is almost nil, with the Sconnie route going through Duluth and Superior and eating up time that way, but coming in a couple minutes shorter than the Minnesota route.

Just punched the coords in the in-truck Garmin and they also suggest the D/S and Hwy. 35 route.

For old time's sake (wife and I used to live in Superior and work in Duluth, and I'm a born Sconnie), think I'll do the Duluth/Superior Hwy. 35 route. I spent a LOT of time driving along Hwy. 35 years ago. :)

Damn, 3:30 a.m. is going to come really early. :(

Woodyman, I totally forgot about leaving that stuff behind. Thanks for holding onto it for me! I don't suppose little Stihl elves came in the dark of the night one time and waved their magic wands and converted those items into a mint 090, did they? :D :D

Last edited:
Interesting. Both Google Maps and Mapquest make it 20 miles shorter to come down through Superior and down Hwy. 35 than down I35 and over into Wisconsin. Time difference is almost nil, with the Sconnie route going through Duluth and Superior and eating up time that way, but coming in a couple minutes shorter than the Minnesota route.

Just punched the coords in the in-truck Garmin and they also suggest the D/S and Hwy. 35 route.

For old time's sake (wife and I used to live in Superior and work in Duluth, and I'm a born Sconnie), think I'll do the Duluth/Superior Hwy. 35 route. I spent a LOT of time driving along Hwy. 35 years ago. :)

Woodyman, I totally forgot about leaving that stuff behind. Thanks for holding onto it for me! I don't suppose little Stihl elves came in the dark of the night one time and waved their magic wands and converted those items into a mint 090, did they? :D :D
Sorry,didn't happen.And as always keep your stick on the ice and don't forget to check your nuts before leaving if you want to be on time:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry,didn't happen.And as always keep your stick on the ice and don't forget to check your nuts before leaving if you want to be on time:hmm3grin2orange:

Sigh. I'll just have to learn to live with disappointment. And I gots a new truck. Self-tightening nuts (not to mention a 3-day-old water pump and serpentine belt). :D :D

Seriously, Ida been happy if that stuff got turned into an 076 or 076S, too. ;)

Last edited:
im riding up with these two tomorow morning as well, shall be interesting but at least im driving:hmm3grin2orange:scott i hope ya got a good pair of walking shoes lol

well Jake, since scott and I always hafta sharpen your chains you better not make us walk :)

chandler

Typical. I miss out of the fun, show up for the work. :dizzy:

You didn't see the tangled mess those guys were cutting in today. I'm cutting where there's maybe 20% down, there's maybe 10% still standing where JD and the boys were cutting today. I'd have written it off except for their skiddy.

3:30? You're gonna miss breakfast!

PS Garmin is definetly female, I punch in places I want to go and know the fastest way to, and it'll try to send me the long way. Even so, 35S outta Sup should be a good run that time of morning. Not many towns north of Danbury to slow ya down.

Back