Charity Cut for Interfaith Caregivers-Who is up for the task at hand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My $25 to Wendy, double if he goes down to Milwaukee and gets the stove Shari wants to get up here.

How late will safety be discussed Fri? Have to work Fri night, guessing good saw operators will be in bed long before I can get there at +-midnight30...Probably means HeavyFuel will still be going :cheers:

Seriously, had a chat with my camper owning buddies tonight, they want to go camping at Couderay this weekend, told em I was booked Sat and would meet them there, anyone wanting an overnight road trip home is welcome (they know who you guys are and what we're doing).

I would go get the stove but with all the miles I gotta go to my nephew's graduation on Sunday, I'd need to take out a loan to bring the truck. :msp_sad:

Had a "smart on" today- What if we put a little GTG spin on this and say the 1st hour of cutting has to be done with our "tired-iron." No saws with a chain brake allowed for the first hour of work???:msp_scared:

Sounds like a good way to make a long day even longer :cry:

I talked a friend of mine near there into letting me use his New Holland tractor with a loader and pallet forks so we have a back up in case the skiddy springs a leak. That way I wont be tempted to run to the bar during any unforseen downtime.

Sounds like a good way to make a long day even longer :cry:

I talked a friend of mine near there into letting me use his New Holland tractor with a loader and pallet forks so we have a back up in case the skiddy springs a leak. That way I wont be tempted to run to the bar during any unforseen downtime.

Bob Newman also mentioned bringing his Deere compact tractor with a grapple on the bucket for a back-up. Maybe we should keep the tired iron cut until the end of the day (if we still have enough lead in our pencils to do it!):bang:

Don't make me put something red on the trailer just to make sure we have a running machine!

If the 271 Oly doesn't qualify as "tired iron", I aint coming. That old saw has kept me from freezing to death since the early 80s - I dont remember what model of old McC dad had before that, but I know it was yeller.

If need be, I think I can get a C series Homey or maybe the 1-51n running, but I'd rather run what I grew up on.

Rideshare is way up in the air right now, buddies want me to meet em up north for the weekend, but I think I may stay home instead. PS, anyone who likes getting stuck in the mud can follow me home, have a red tractor or 3 to pull ya out later. Camping is available.

1- J.D.
2-Mikey
3- Boyd
4-pele55
5-GrizzlyAdams86
6-Steve NW
7-HeavyFuel
8-Deadtrees
9-wendell
10-longbar
11-Beefie
12-Philbert

GPT - looks like you're counting bodies to see if we can get those stacks of wood cut up. Count me in - I rode with WGP the last 2 splitting days and am looking forward to more than just knocking a few trees down with my 510. WGP - it's possible that I can bring a kid along, would you have room?

You guys just about have me convinced too come up , Since I would be bringing the truck. I would have room for a stove along with a bunch of saws. Lets see if I can make this happen with shari.

Heavy is the loft still available for friday night, I can't come up and not do a Friday night Saftey league meeting.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

GPT - looks like you're counting bodies to see if we can get those stacks of wood cut up. Count me in - I rode with WGP the last 2 splitting days and am looking forward to more than just knocking a few trees down with my 510. WGP - it's possible that I can bring a kid along, would you have room?
Gotcha

1- J.D.
2-Mikey
3- Boyd
4-pele55
5-GrizzlyAdams86
6-Steve NW
7-HeavyFuel
8-Deadtrees
9-wendell
10-longbar
11-Beefie
12-Philbert
13-SmallTreecutter
14-Thor

Last edited:

Should be room. Welcome to AS! Newbie rep sent.:clap:

I will see if I can get Friday off, Might have too finally swing by Boyds shop for a visit. If I recall it is a 6 or 7 hour drive for me, will have to double check the gps. Now I am looking forward to the weekend again.

Beefie

welcome rep

Well I have off on Friday now. I will finally be able to see Boyds shop, Maybe I will try one of those domars and see what all the hype is about:hmm3grin2orange:.I think I will leave mid morning, should give me plenty of travel time.

Beefie

Back