Comfortable saw? 60-70cc range...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...looks like I'll trade my 038av for something in the same cc class...

A 70cc may be more practical...but again I can spend more time...

Is there a JRed equivalent to the 555 or 562? I've got a great local Jred dealer, Husky...not so much.

Thanks for the ideas!

Chris
The 555 and 562 aren't available yet in Jred, but eventually will be. Jred 2159 and 2156 are well worth a look.

I'm in the ported 346xp camp though. :msp_smile:

I agree with wudpirat the Makita 6401 is a great running saw. Mine is now a 79cc and incredibly powerful, but a bit heavy after awhile. My 262 Husky is amazing and I use it the most because of the power and light weight. But my Efco 156 is really a smooth running saw. Used it today to cut up some Hurricane Irene oak and was impressed with how smooth and fast it is. Pretty close to a perfect medium size firewood saw IMHO.

I've run 357xp's and MS361's a bunch side by side and can say that they are both outstanding saws. Great all around size for most small to mid size work. Which ever feels best in hand would be the best for you. We just got two of our 357's ported and they rip! Kinda don't need a 70cc saw around with those little guys in the herd. Now the ported 346 concept; that's interesting. I've run those quite a bit as well and it never ceases to amaze me how quick they cut.

I would say try and find a Stihl 044/MS440..OR..A 372 husky..I love them both,but IMO the 044/440 is one of the best saws ever produced.

I'd say those 555 huskys would be nice for you. If you could find a Stihl 361 then I'd go for that though. I like the power and weight of the 361. They are great saws. I don't think you'll be happy with the weight of another 70cc saw and my old ms361 would keep right up with my 038m.
Whatever the chooice, I'd go 60cc I believe. Contrary to popular belief on here, 60cc would be all the saw you need. Husky 555 or Stihl ms361.

The 555 and 562 aren't available yet in Jred, but eventually will be. Jred 2159 and 2156 are well worth a look.

I'm in the ported 346xp camp though. :msp_smile:

The 2260 looks like it is a version of the 560xp, not the 562xp (no sign of the larger air filter in pics) - but time will tell! :smile2:

As usual, the red version is a bit heavier than the orange one (goes for the 555/2258 as well).

Latest posts

Back