decide what saw I should buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprintmotor45

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Currently I own 3 372's 2 stock and one with the 75cc big bore kit and ported muffler. 262xp and an old olympyk 254. I plan on getting a ne 346xp for the little limbs and such. I cut up a lot of trees that are already in a pile, 24" oak trees usually. I cut the stumps and tops off then haul them off. I have great luck with my 372's but want (but don't really need) A bigger husky for the big work. I would love to buy a new 395 but can't swing it this year. I have to find something in the 400 to 600 dollar range. I don't feel a stock 385 will give me enough. I see my options between a 288xp and 394xp. What one of the two do I want? dollar for dollar which one is going to be more productive? After doing some reading The 394 should have more power but, it seems like it may be be an odd duck? Is it better than the 288?

All you mentione'd are outstanding saw's. If you have it down to the 288, or 394, take either one that come's first neither will dissapoint you. Both legendary both more than capable of all task's big, and small.

That 84cc Dolmar in the Classified looks like it would be a screamer. Getting something nice for under $600 will be a challenge.

for $400 the only option is a 2101 or 2100, and you will never again think you need more saw.
husky2100013.jpg

Yes indeed Jim! I just saw one on c-list about half hour from me super clean 2100. For 500 for the market maybe a little high, but if I had 500 extra I would be showing you guy's a pic of my new saw. They are that good! I got lucky found my 660 with a little faded plastic, from sitting in a truck, but p&c were like new. Had new bar, and chain too for 450.

Latest posts

Back