Donate to help Jasha. He's one of our own.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick one Brad but what sort of cover, health benefits etc does Jasha have?
I always find it interesting how your system works in the US as our Medicare system in Australia covers basically all costs however the loss of income from injuries like that can cause a lot of grief.

I got a 028 Super that I will donate.

The saw had a scored piston and cylinder when I got it. I found a good used oem p&c on ebay for cheap so I bought it. Pres and vac tested it and it seemed like it had a slow leak somewhere. It was not bad, but just not ideal. I ran the saw to tune and it definitely had an air leak. Stopped the saw immediately and checked the piston and cylinder and they were fine. I had a brand new impulse line from another build and put on a new head gasket. Pres and vac tested and it was definitely better. So I ran the saw. It tuned fine and then I ran a tank of gas threw it with no issues. I am very new at this so maybe someone could just give it a good look over to make sure the saw would be ready for its new owner.

Sorry I don't have a bar and chain for it, I had to steal one off my 261 to run it.

Here it is .....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That .325 or 3/8's?

Here we have a near new MS460 only ran at a MS460 buildoff (got second place) a few GTGs and one log at the home place. I would like to donate the saw to this raffle in the name of the builder (Brad) and (Fatguy) the donator of the first raffle (Joat) and the second donator and the painter (Scooterbum) and all those that helped those two raffles. This one will be in the raffle and not auctioned. The saw will make one more GTG in Arkansas next weekend, then passed off to Brad at Wiggs GTG.

Most will remember this saw.

Mission Backpack by supercabs78, on Flickr

004 by supercabs78, on Flickr

Brad will add pics later and edit my post if I messed anything up.

Stephen.

Here we have a near new MS460 only ran at a MS460 buildoff (got second place) a few GTGs and one log at the home place. I would like to donate the saw to this raffle in the name of the builder (Brad) and (Fatguy) the donator of the first raffle (Joat) and the second donator and the painter (Scooterbum) and all those that helped those two raffles. This one will be in the raffle and not auctioned. The saw will make one more GTG in Arkansas next weekend, then passed off to Brad at Wiggs GTG.

Stephen.

Thats a hell of a good looking saw and you're a hell of a man for doing this.

Just a quick one Brad but what sort of cover, health benefits etc does Jasha have?
I always find it interesting how your system works in the US as our Medicare system in Australia covers basically all costs however the loss of income from injuries like that can cause a lot of grief.

He might be covered under the companies Workers Comp insurance.

I'm wondering if this happened on a forest fire assignment. The last three big fires I was on as division supervisor, we've been using the big chippers as a clean-up/rehabilitation tool for suppression operations. I just got off an assignment where I supervised four 20-person hand crews running six of the big chippers.

I'll find something to donate for the raffle as well along with some cash. I think have another sprocket for Scott's C-71 also.

Stephen.

Tried to Rep ya' buddy, your aces :blob2::blob2::blob2:

That Ol' Girl sure has made the rounds !!

Donation sent. I'll see if I can round up something to donate to this also.

if one of the builders have time to fix a crank on a 660 ,i have one i will donate for a donation saw i dont have time to fix this right now ,and have a lot of saws allready it was a fallers saw that had low use ,so i think a fallers saw to help a faller would be a good thing ,this saw is apart in a box ,all parts are there but a crank is needed

Heck of a donation!! Your great dude. :bowdown:

If anybody needs parts, bars or chains for any saws wanting to be donated to the cause, please PM me. I'll donate any parts needed as long as I have them. I'll see if I can come up with a saw.

Back