Ebay item for sale , 2 different sellers , same item!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Procut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know if "mike-jones128" is the same seller "customchainsawparts"? I have purchased from Customchainsawparts on a few different occasions and have been very happy with the service. But when I looked closely at the pictures both sellers provide , they are the exact same picture down to the scuff marks on the cloth , one is in Washington and the other in Florida. Are these sellers members here that anyone may know? I'm just looking for a handle and was trying to get the better deal but then noticed the similarities even the box numbers on the item title description.

That is strange indeed! I ran a search and found that identical pict on three different storefronts, two were in the US and one overseas in the UK. Bryce was always using his own picts of his merchandise, I bought from him for 8 or more years and each n every part was the one pictured in his adds, this is a somewhat new phenomenon to me. This is not the first time I have seen sellers borrowing picts to sell stuff on eBay though, many of us AS members have seen picts our saws put up on eBay to represent a saw being sold on there.

May be sellers borrowing pictures as mentioned. I believe I would buy from the one with the best feedback or longest reputation (if I felt that was the only source I had to purchase the part). There was another thread where someone used pictures from a member here to advertise a saw. The member discovered it and called the seller out for it -- due to the fact the member still had the saw in the add :surprised3:

Be careful. Thankfully you can get a refund if things are fraudulent.

For what it is worth I bought from customchainsawparts (who probably is something else as well but usually the multiple identities are from the same town) I guess what I got was covered in the description that didn't state bar gauge. I used the picture to determine gauge and what I got and what was pictured were same brand same length but different product name and gauge I wasn't expecting.

There is no rule violation for one person to have multiple ebay user accounts. They have allowed the stock photo not actual item get out of hand in my opinion. The part about the seller being responsible for the accuracy of the listing is what a joke?

With the fee structure such that fees are on the sale more than years ago there are many things higher than through the manufacturers channels. In cases 3 times as much.

AFAIK, the seller needs to state the item pictured is not the exact item you are bidding on. They usually say it is equivalent in form/fit/function and/or condition. I've seen ads state that before but have stayed away from those deals.

Many times they do not, I once contacted a eBayer selling a rare saw but he had used a pict of my restored saw of the same model. He was rather perturbed that I contacted him where I was not interested in buying his listed saw. I told him he should use a pict of his own saw so that it would portray the condition much better to prospective buyers. He claimed he did not have a digital camera and did not know how to upload picts. I did convince him to change the listing to include that his saw could look like the one pictured in his add with some restoration. I don`t think it ever sold due to the price he was asking.

When you list an item on ebay, you have a choice of "sell one like this" and I believe you can use the same photo. Should that be the case, the seller should state that is is a stock photo and not the actual item. Always use caution. Reliable sellers have no problems explaining their listings.

The laws in the US are pretty clear that a photographer owns a copyright of their pictures from the time the picture is taken. Without the photographer's permission you can't copy or display a photo either in its original version or by cropping or otherwise modifying it. Purchasing a photo also does not by itself transfer any copyright rights.

Even with so-called "stock" photos you're responsible for knowing and following the licensing rights given. "stock" does not automatically mean "I can use it for free however I choose".

If you can prove that you are the owner of a photo or photos used in an eBay listing they will pull the ad. eBay deals with this regularly because of the number of wannabe scammers trying to sell fake, misrepresented, or non-existent items (Rolex watches are I think still #1 on eBay for attempted scams) using stolen photos. That's why your photos should either have a watermark on them or have an explicit copyright notice on or right next to them on your web page.

So you will say have no fear since it says Stihl in the brand part of the description it is OEM=original equipment manufacturer? Clearly I got not as pictured as noted in post #9 above.
I only said that because I have bought many items from him and have no complaints. Sorry didn't read your post above, must have been too much readin for me at the time. :laugh:

I don't know why anyone would borrow a picture from someone else. I'm as much a tightwad as anyone and I take my own pics with my $49 Kodak and think it's easier than stealing a picture from someone else. I guess I did use someone else's avatar however just for the humor..

I only said that because I have bought many items from him and have no complaints.

He does have thin skin though. I bought a crankcase from him that he described as "excellent condition". Since he only showed one picture of the item and it looked great I bought it. When I got it, the clutch side was all torn up so I asked to return it. He did take it back but banned me. However up to that point I had no problems with him or the things he sold.

Back