Ebay saw - Is this really a Husky 266 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawTroll

Information Collector
Reaction score
Take a look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-266-This-Husky-is-real-nice_W0QQitemZ7730528811QQcategoryZ85915QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I have never seen or heard of a 266 with gray top cover and orange chainbrake handle before. These features suggest that it is a "Rancher" model from about the late 1980ies.
As far as I know, the only Rancher in this family of saws was the 61Rancher - so that is what I suspect that it really is, if it was like that originally.:confused:
It may of course be some "Frankensaw".

Any comments?

It looks to me like a 61 rancher. glad I'm not the one buyin it. probably the seller never even looked at that black tag on the crankcase that says the model on it. though you COULD be right, and it may be a frankensaw too. if thats the case, I definately dont want it.

Hi Brent!
You may very well be right.

The 66 was in fact the first model I thought of when I saw it, but I discarded that possibility initially because it didn't have the "Rancher" designation.
Now I remember that there were other gray/black top Huskys also without that designation......

Latest posts

Back