Ebay seller nightmare..Advice please..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay blows, no other way to put it. Not to bad for a buyer but plain retarded to use as a seller. The old Ebay was decent and kept the game somewhat honest. Now they can keep your money until the buyer is happy and they can do whatever they please for a refund. Best thing is to not use them and let it die.

:censored: Fleabay!

wonder if ebay had the competition what would happen

I've never had any problems buying items from Ebay(been a member since 1999) bought a $1000 telescope from some dude in florida which is the most I've spent,but hearing stories about the chainsaws here give me a little pause since I'm looking to buy a used husky off of ebay.

i'm done selling on Ebay!

they need to come to the house and run it.don't like,don't buy!

if they want a warranty,they new to go buy a new one.

Ebay blows, no other way to put it. Not to bad for a buyer but plain retarded to use as a seller. The old Ebay was decent and kept the game somewhat honest. Now they can keep your money until the buyer is happy and they can do whatever they please for a refund. Best thing is to not use them and let it die.

:censored: Fleabay!

From a pure "business' point of view, E-bay is still a good deal.

Most of the changes of the last few years have been aimed to the
detriment of the seller, but it still is a viable choice for me.

Having an intown "store" would involve rent, utilities, fees, and a real
sparse customer base, plus someone would have to be there all week, plus half a day Sat.

With E-bay I get the world as my customer base, don't have to be on hand
all the time, have no rent, lights, heat, etc...

Paypal taking a few percent is still a good deal too.

So with both paypal and e-bay, they take @ 15% well within acceptable
costs for a small business, in my opinion.

I typed in a "Snapper" part number into google the other day, I got a dozen
hits from various sites, all of them lead back to my e-bay listing.
I put real obscure stuff in my store, and it will sell eventually, costs a nickel
a month to list.

Yeah, that's why most of us here have gone to Craigs List or other forms of selling. Just look at the chainsaws, for example, on ebay. About the only saws that consistently bring decent money are Stihl, some Huskys, Echo, and Dolmar but when you subtract the ebay and paypal fees they really aren't fetching that much. I know I'd like to have some of mine back if I'd known they'd only net me about $20 after everything was taken out. If someone on the street came up and asked me if I'd take $15 or $20 for a good running chainsaw I would probably say no, but it happens all the time on ebay.

I agree, ebay and its kid sister paypal is a ship that is sinking fast. I will not be using paypal as a seller any more. Did you know that anything you sell on ebay comes with a 45 day warranty, lol??? I mean the buyer has up until 45 days after the payment is made to use, abuse and destroy your item then file an item not as describe claim and get their money back. Are you serious! What business can operate or have any sustainability with a policy like this! What we are all realizing is that ebay is going to become defunct and extinct. It man not happen today or tomorrow, but it will fall slowly and wont make a recovery. Truth is these are sight unseen purchases, and there is no way to regulate that. The current policy places the buyer on the hook, and it just wont fly with me. But is it just me or has anyone noticed how the media has pitched ebay as safe and they place to buy, trade, and get great deals. Why doesnt dateline or 60 minutes do a story on how buyers can easily get ripped off.???

Back