Echo 500 VL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I stopped in at a local saw shop today and the only used saw they had for sale is a 500 VL. It runs and starts great with a new chain,He was asking 100.00, I offered him 75.00, he said he was firm. Is it an obsolete unit or a good deal?
Mark

That is an early 80's model, good saw but no parts....Bob
PS i like the '64 Fairlane in your pic, i have one also.

Isint that the one that the flywheel spontainously grenades if reved too high?

The one that echo dealers were replacing with a brand new saw under some type of recall/buyback program?

If so, buy it and then turn it in for a new saw.

Or buy it and let it rip your left hand off and sue. (<---Humor, I dont advocate loosing your hand for any reason or suing just for kicks.)

Echo 500

I have had a couple of the 500's and they are a smooth running saw with decent power. Nothing spectacular though. As far as the recall is concerned I have checked with the 2 Echo dealers in my arera ( Springfield, Oregon ) and they both thought it was a joke. here are some pictures of the one I sold......Bob

I think I'll pass on this saw. I kind of like my hands and don't need any more problems. Thanks for everybodys input.
Mark

Back