Echo's new top handle: CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm getting my 355 maybe tomorrow. Have a couple jobs lined up and I think I have the money to pick it up tomorrow morning hopefully or I might have to wait a job or so later. So yeah, I've read all the hype, and I'm for echo, but I hope it cuts like that 200 t that I used when I worked for some other tree service back when. I Used to have a ms 192 t but I sold it when I got my cs 271 t . I'll never sell another saw ever again. the 200 t simply waists any top hand saw I know of so far; however, I've yet to touch that cs 360 t so I don't know. I just hope this cs 355 t can replace the ms 201 t and the 360 t at least!!!!

JUST SAW THE 355 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AT DEALER EVEN HAD HIMM DO DEMO AGAINT 360,STARTED 360,THEN STARTED THE 355 WHAT A DIFFERENTS IN SOUND,I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE GOOD,THEN HE RAN THE 360 THRU A LOG,AND I COUNT IN MY HEAD ONE THOUSAND ONE TO ONE THOUSAND 40,NEXT THE 355,ONE THOUSAND ONE TO ONE THOUSAND TWEENTY....WOW HALF THE TIME....THERE WAS DIFFERT CHAIN ON EACH,BOTH WERE SHARP,BOTH SAME LENGTH BAR,THE 355 HAD MOR AGRESSIVE CHAIN,BUT WITH THE SOUND AND SPEED,ITS GOTTA BE A WINNER IN MY BOOK,I GETTING ONE SOON AS I CAN.....SOUNDED LIKE IT HAD A MMOD COMPARED TO 360T:blob2:

JUST SAW THE 355 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AT DEALER EVEN HAD HIMM DO DEMO AGAINT 360,STARTED 360,THEN STARTED THE 355 WHAT A DIFFERENTS IN SOUND,I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE GOOD,THEN HE RAN THE 360 THRU A LOG,AND I COUNT IN MY HEAD ONE THOUSAND ONE TO ONE THOUSAND 40,NEXT THE 355,ONE THOUSAND ONE TO ONE THOUSAND TWEENTY....WOW HALF THE TIME....THERE WAS DIFFERT CHAIN ON EACH,BOTH WERE SHARP,BOTH SAME LENGTH BAR,THE 355 HAD MOR AGRESSIVE CHAIN,BUT WITH THE SOUND AND SPEED,ITS GOTTA BE A WINNER IN MY BOOK,I GETTING ONE SOON AS I CAN.....SOUNDED LIKE IT HAD A MMOD COMPARED TO 360T:blob2:

No need to yell.

355 modded

So if I bought one of these, which one of the mod guys here wants a crack at it to see what its really made of?

Nothing wrong with modding any saw. I still want to see a stock to stock, and a muff modd to muff modd vid. Don't think I've ever seen a 200t vid vs any saw. Steve

+2 Steve

With some posts on here stating impressions being near 200T performance, a side by side vid needs to be done. And you have to wonder how much time is on these saws, are they even broke in yet.

Good luck to Mastermind with his 355T project. Hopefully he has a 200T available to run next to it for some before and after comparisons.

did i say i want one already??:blob2:...lol......its still stuck in my head,dang salesman,let me convince him to show me the 360 and 355 side by side---(should be illegal..............:(...........,i dont need it,cant afford it.....but:bang:

did i say i want one already??:blob2:...lol......its still stuck in my head,dang salesman,let me convince him to show me the 360 and 355 side by side---(should be illegal..............:(...........,i dont need it,cant afford it.....but:bang:

Heck!

Just go on and do it already!
You know you are going to, why torture yourself???

Mike

Hey, it's alright if you have a minor testosterone shortage and can't muster up the moxie to just pull the trigger.
We can't all be manly men and just say.................."I'll take 'er" fuel it up and set the tune!
You might just ask your wife if it's okay.:hmm3grin2orange:
She'll probably let you have it if you ask real nice.

Mike

Hey, it's alright if you have a minor testosterone shortage and can't muster up the moxie to just pull the trigger.
We can't all be manly men and just say.................."I'll take 'er" fuel it up and set the tune!
You might just ask your wife if it's okay.:hmm3grin2orange:
She'll probably let you have it if you ask real nice.

Mike

i working on that!:msp_wink:

Nothing wrong with modding any saw. I still want to see a stock to stock, and a muff modd to muff modd vid. Don't think I've ever seen a 200t vid vs any saw. Steve

I started a thread a while ago comparing a brand new 200T vs a brand new 201T. There was a video on there comparing the two.

Took a 355 apart last Tuesday, nice little platform, it will be interesting to see how the modders deal with the plastic/nylon crank stuffers and the limited coil. Stihl will be sending a bullentin out to turn the low screw out 1 5/8 turns in side by side test they now have the 201T's outperforming the 200T's in the same piece of wood. All they showed during the whole Echo/Shinny update from 8am-4pm was the 355 and a new Shinny hedge trimmer , most of the conversation was how they are shutting down most of the Shinny operation leaving it's foundry up and running but shipping most pieces to ILL for assemby, all their plastic will be made in the future in ILL, they talked how they are leading the fight for more stringent emmissions and noise control. When we asked about all the units on ebay that are being sold under dealer cost new in the box, the answer was that most are stolen out the back doors at Home Depot by employees, every dealer in attendance questioned them how it is happening and they had no answer, one dealer has already had a Orschelon manager ( a small 25-30) store farm chain now carryiny Echo's send a customer in with a saw and told the customer to just to demand a new saw from the dealer. The dealer told the customer to leave the store and take it back to were he bought it as he would not work on any saw not bought at a dealership, not a Orschelon or HD, their was no public response from the corporate reps. In a couple years I'll bet the Shinny brand will be gone. It is nice they edm cut their ports in their cylinders, don't know that I like their new ring pofile. It is very evident they are focused on the big boxes and smaller saws, the tech even mentioned most of the R&D is going into the smaller platforms as they feel that is were they can compete the best. The seminar leader was from California, I couldn't belive all the references to tightening up the emmission regs and noise regs even more and that the rest of the country should follow California's example, even bragged about Echo turning in Husky for some kind of improper use of EPA credits. Of all the brands we represent and seminars updates we have to go to it was the poorest meeting we have went to. Echo is a good brand, they could be so much more if they would just focus on and listen to their dealer base.

Latest posts

Back