Echo's new top handle: CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading these 355T threads and getting sick of waiting for the elusive T540xp to appear i went and bought an Echo 355T and so far i love it,its not a 200T but it smokes a 201T outta the box, the 201 has more torque after the mods but the Echo isn't far behind and when its broke in they give the 201's a run for their money.

yea its my favorite that and my climbing saw are the two that nobody on the job or at home are allowd to touch

I still haven't seen one of these at my local dealer. Actually, the only top handles he's had in for a good while have been 341T's.

280e

I need a back up climbing saw for my back up you know a just in case saw and I found a echo 280e for really cheap any input would help:chainsawguy:

O.A.S. ?? ironic too..

I need a back up climbing saw for my back up you know a just in case saw and I found a echo 280e for really cheap any input would help:chainsawguy:

..ironic since I was just offered the rear-handle version of it a few hours ago!

really old..

I'd rather have a working brake up there..

only if I'm cutting alone, maybe.. but most of the time - I'm with people.

Better safe, if it's for work, budd..

collectible? - different story

P&M Jo

Just ordered one from my dealer, he should have it in a few days. I'll be running this chain on it, woot!

urejuvad.jpg

I filed this stihl PS3 chain square last night, in anticipation of the new saw:) I'm pretty excited

I don't think PS3 will work on the Echo, the drive link counts don't match. My 14" bar needs 52dl and the 14" PS3 is only made with 50dl. I use PS3 on my 200/201 which use 50dl but on the 355T i had to use PM.

I don't think PS3 will work on the Echo, the drive link counts don't match. My 14" bar needs 52dl and the 14" PS3 is only made with 50dl. I use PS3 on my 200/201 which use 50dl but on the 355T i had to use PM.

Just add 2DL to a 50DL loop. Sort of easy.

You can get Stihl chains in any DL count in loops. I stock them for my Echo and Husky people. If your dealer doesn't have them in loops, just cut one up.

Just ordered one from my dealer, he should have it in a few days. I'll be running this chain on it, woot!

urejuvad.jpg

I filed this stihl PS3 chain square last night, in anticipation of the new saw:) I'm pretty excited

seems like a great idea to use square ground chisel for a climbing saw, which seldom encounters the outrages of rock and dirt. but why do you use low kick-back chain? i think oregon still makes a professional lo-pro chain. carlton seems to have dropped it's full chisel lo-pro, a shame. i thought it was better than the oregon and the top plates were longer.

well, it's still a Full-Chisel :)

seems like a great idea to use square ground chisel for a climbing saw, which seldom encounters the outrages of rock and dirt. but why do you use low kick-back chain? i think oregon still makes a professional lo-pro chain. carlton seems to have dropped it's full chisel lo-pro, a shame. i thought it was better than the oregon and the top plates were longer.

I have it, and I'm satisfied. I keep it on my untouchable personal 200T (a new CS-355T is still not affordable, I have rebuilt my STIHL from debris, junk, trash and leftovers a colleague arborist gave me + the cheaper rubber parts from eBay..)

Jo.

Your dealer could make you some 52dl ones, or at least he could special order them for you.

Basically you can get any dl count you want, if you put just a little effort into it!

Your dealer could make you some 52dl ones, or at least he could special order them for you.

Basically you can get any dl count you want, if you put just a little effort into it!

I'm lucky if the dealers around here even know what PS3 is and they surley have no desire to find out or order a special loop.

how many chains do you need, or how frequently do u change chains on that saw?

I'm lucky if the dealers around here even know what PS3 is and they surley have no desire to find out or order a special loop.

If u want , I can show u where I got my STIHL chains, including my 14" PS3 and more.. he shipped it to me overseas and didn't rip me off at all.. PM me if u wish that. I think he'd set any DL you wish for.. all u need is to just ask him..

Jo.

I have it, and I'm satisfied. I keep it on my untouchable personal 200T (a new CS-355T is still not affordable, I have rebuilt my STIHL from debris, junk, trash and leftovers a colleague arborist gave me + the cheaper rubber parts from eBay..)

Jo.

yeah, didn't mean to bust your chops, i was just whining about the dwindling number of choices for those of us who use lo-pro chain. fortunately oregon still makes 91vx, a professional lo-pro. i've never learned to file square ground chain but it seems appropriate for a climbing saw. are you using one of those expensive filing guides or just filing free hand?

another way one can pick up some diddy-wah-diddy is by switching to a 12 inch bar, save on some filing time too.

I fully relate to that budd..

yeah, didn't mean to bust your chops, i was just whining about the dwindling number of choices for those of us who use lo-pro chain. fortunately oregon still makes 91vx, a professional lo-pro. i've never learned to file square ground chain but it seems appropriate for a climbing saw. are you using one of those expensive filing guides or just filing free hand?

another way one can pick up some diddy-wah-diddy is by switching to a 12 inch bar, save on some filing time too.

..that's why I was utterly happy to find a seller who would sell and ship me overseas that particular PS3 and the others. Now I am myself thinking of dressing my other personal CS360T and my 025 (with 18" Picco combo) with PS3 :D Should be a joy to saw with.. Gotta love a full-chisel LP! :p

_______
EDIT:

OH! I 4got! - I file manually out in the open, round, and on the bench- I sharpen with a small pneumatic 'Dremel'-alternative grinder, using fine diamond sawchain grinding bits. Jo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back