Echo's new top handle: CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How exactly does the clutch side of one resemble the recoil side of another:dunno:

The picture shows how the 355 doesn't have a big black glob to the rear of the handle like the other three. Things move along pretty fast and quite a posts appeared between when I started editing the picture and it posts. What is the chance this comparison with this tanaka one is just for amusement.

The picture shows how the 355 doesn't have a big black glob to the rear of the handle like the other three. Things move along pretty fast and quite a posts appeared between when I started editing the picture and it posts. What is the chance this comparison with this tanaka one is just for amusement.

Actually that isn't even a 355T its a 341,the 355 has the air filter in the back like the other 3

You left out the tanaka has a 7 year warranty. for apple to apples comparison also liters to oz :msp_confused: but 3.6cc for 200$ is a difference.

Features:
• 32.2 cc, 1.6 hp Commercial Grade Engine

• Sprocket-Nosed Bar with Oregon® Chain

• Side Access Chain Tensioner

• Half Throttle Choke with Purge Primer Bulb

• Built-in Lanyard Ring
• Engine Displacement (cc): 32.2

• Max Power (hp): 1.6

• Bar & Chain Length: 12", 14"

• Chain Pitch: 3/8" Low Profile

• Carburetor: Walbro Diaphragm

• Dry Weight (w/o b & c): 8.4 lbs

• Fuel Tank Capacity (oz): 9.9 fl. oz.

• Oil Tank Capacity (oz): 6.0 fl. oz.

• Vibration Level (m/s ²): 3.1

7-Year Consumer Warranty
2-Year Commercial Warranty
1-Year Rental Warranty

= CS33EDT / CS33EDTP : Outdoor Power Equipment

Displacement 32.2mL (cc)
Max Power 1.3kw : CS33EDT
Max Power 1.2kw : CS33EDTP
Decomp.System NO
Fuel Tank Capacity 0.29L
Oil Tank Capacity 0.18L
Chain Pitch 9.53mm (3/8")
Guide Bar Length 300mm : CS33EDT(30)
Guide Bar Length 350mm : CS33EDT(35) / CS33EDTP(35)
Type of Guide bar Sprocket Nose
Chain Gauge 1.27mm (0.05")
Dimensions(L x W x H) 277 x 255 x 220mm
Dry Weight 3.4kg

Echo 355T

= Chainsaws, Professional-Grade Chain Saws, Top Handle Chain Saws | ECHO USA
Engine Displacement (cc) 35.8
Engine Displacement (cu in) 2.19
Starting System Reduced-Effort
Ignition System Digital
Carburetor (w/Purge Pump) Butterfly-Valve Diaphragm
Oiling System Automatic/Adjustable Clutch-Driven
Vibration Reduction System Standard
Available Bar Lengths (in) 14, 16
Fuel Capacity (fl. oz.) 11.2
Oil Capacity (fl oz) 8.2
Dry Weight (lbs)1 8
Consumer Warranty 5 years
Commercial Warranty 1 years
Rental Warranty 90 days

Not the same.

Last edited:
1.You left out the tanaka has a 7 year warranty. for apple to apples comparison also liters to oz :msp_confused: 2.but 2.6cc for 200$ is a difference.

1. I was hoping that someone would notice that!

2. That is the same argument I always hear from my wife. "Look honey you can get a chinese 60cc saw with 3.2hp on sale for 99€, why do you want to spend 6x that amount on a japanese saw...."

Last edited:
1. I was hoping that someone would notice that!

2. That is the same argument I always hear from my wife. "Look honey you can get a chinese 60cc saw with 3.2hp on sale for 99€, why do you want to spend 6x that amount on a japanese saw...."

its a clam shell to clam shell comparison? is 3.6 really gonna toss more chips for ya? mabye can ya limb with 32 cc im thinking so. I would likey buy from a company that honors their warranty from what I've heard echo is not stand up on their product warranty's. basically just tell you its bad gas go f yourself. so even if both the same your up 170 go buy another saw. and have a two saw plan.

Last edited:
just hold them both, and try them both

I did.
Had'em both, still have the echo.
Both used.

To clarify: I had the H.T. 35cc , and I still have the ECHO CS341 and CS360T.

I also had to fix the 341 and Hitachi-Tanaka more than once..

my decision, based on my own very personal experience: ECHO. Why? Quality of materials, and when fixed - it stays that way.. the materials (plastics..) on the H.T. seemed to fail..

PLUS - PS3 / full chisel on 12" while the wood is fresh, seems OK to me.. and I still use a 14" one on my strongest 200T.. seems OK. Hardwood? I grab my MacCat 2.3 with the manual override - and cut right through!! LLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL!!

just saying.

Jo.

Just put my square filed PS3 chain on my 355. Holy balls! This thing curb stomps my 360t that I thought cut well. I had no idea that a top handle saw could be so fast. My 360 struggled to pull the ps3 but the added power of the 355 makes it shine. After a few tanks, I'd put my 355 and hand filed square chain up against any 201 with a PMC chain. I need to run it more and get some vids up and do a thorough review next week.

I sold my mm'ed 360 for $265 so I can't make any video comparisons.

its a clam shell to clam shell comparison? is 3.6 really gonna toss more chips for ya? mabye can ya limb with 32 cc im thinking so. I would likey buy from a company that honors their warranty from what I've heard echo is not stand up on their product warranty's. basically just tell you its bad gas go f yourself. so even if both the same your up 170 go buy another saw. and have a two saw plan.

Sorry I only saw your answer now.

Warranties are nice but warranty problems usually arise during the first few outings, so if you cut regularly who cares about the length of a warranty, all problems will already have surfaced. If on the other hand you are a homeowner chap who unpacks his new saw and cuts a few lower branches, which are disturbing him while using the lawnmower. Repacks and unpacks after a few years then you might need a long warranty, but then I totally understand the companies who check the two stroke mix and refuse if you have some old reeking stuff in you fuel tank. If you believe that a warranty is going to take care of that is in my eyes a fairytale way of seeing things.

I limb with a 25cc saw and it cuts just wonderful. The secret is a sharp chain and not being in a hurry.

But these are two totally different saws, even though they have a similar construction, we are talking about.

I know were getting off track but who sells the file?

Lots of places sell them. I get them at local saw shops. I also often order them from baileysonline.com. Several styles to choose from, I like the flat ones myself.

Mr. HE:cool:

Back