ever use a chain saw in the house?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't run a saw inside, but I did get the bright idea to run my nitro powered R/C car in the house one time. That exhaust will burn yer eyes out--it makes regular 2-stroke exhaust seem like Febreze.:cry:

Yeah, I started my 340 in the room my mother in law was sleeping in. She wouldn't get out of bed and was pretending to not hear anything, even my 4 year old.

She moved once the 340, which I'd already pulled over a couple of times outside fired up :chainsaw: thank goodness for tile floors, a quick wipe and a bit of bar oil was sorted :clap:

Also got a laugh from her father, an old farmer from way back (now in his 80's).....

Haven't run a saw inside, but I did get the bright idea to run my nitro powered R/C car in the house one time. That exhaust will burn yer eyes out--it makes regular 2-stroke exhaust seem like Febreze.:cry:
I can't, for the life of me, see how those guy's can stand right over the exhaust of a nitro powered drag car and fiddle with the engine without wearing a mask. I inadvertently walked past one in the pits right when he "blipped" the throttle. After collecting my hat, that went about 15 feet in the air, I spent the next 10 minutes or so wiping the tears running down my face. Big time eyeball burner.:cry:

In the process of remodeling, I had to replace a 4"x8" beam in the basement. propped everything up, fired up the saw and was very promptly reminded that there was a fire alarm about 8" from my right ear!!

Harry K

I never fired up a chainsaw in the house but I did fire off a .270 round. It's amazing how much damage one little piece of metal can cause. Fortunately I was home alone at the time and was able to clean up some of the carnage before the boss came home. Fixed most of it with a new door hinge, some sheet rock and mud, and a new window. Not sure what to do with the oil painting that has some wear on it now. It's actually an acrylic on canvas and could be repaired I suppose. They guy that painted it is the one responsible for the perforations.

I had a big crappy trailer house couch in a trailer house, coudnt get it out the door so I sawed in half
with my buddys saw, I wasnt married at the time so I had foam and wood chips in the house for a long time.
im glad it was mainly foam and wood and not alot of metal and glad i didnt kill myself

If you had been married, you wouldn't have had to worry about killing yourself, it would have been done by someone else.

I guess the new Oregon powermate 40 volt lithium saw I won on Weedeatermans drawing is the perfect in house saw. It may be handy considering I have some water damage in the floor of my bathroom.

The saw showed up today, many thanks to Henry.

Back