Extreme Stihl Dealer Dissapointment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i read wonderfully, i just have selective vision. :D
everyone understands you are mad about the 1st dealer leading you on and not following through.. but thats where the understanding stops i think.
i would have never called a stihl rep and had them calling my local dealerships trying to find me the same deal some guy (who doesn't even have the saw in stock and clearly had no means to follow through with the said deal) half heatedly made and couldn't follow through with. the first dealer was an idiot apparently, cut your losses and move on to the next one. no reason to get stihl reps involved trying to finagle a deal for you, that you have no proof ever existed. even if it did.. it was made at a specific dealership in which they are in charge of their profit margins (which you already knew).
you cant see gas for sale on the other side of the highway for 10 cents cheaper, pull into the station on your side and argue that they should sell it to you for the same price..it just wont work. if i was a dealership and had a stihl rep call me on behalf of a customer who was angry i wouldn't give him the deal he wanted.. the stihl rep calling would only further aggravate me and i wouldn't even wana sell the guy any saw at that point

to answer your question, ive only bought one BRAND NEW IN BOX saw in my life, and i bought it from a fine member of this forum here, so Ive never actually walked into a dealership and purchased a new in box saw, sorry, Ive bought many other things though, one local dealership wanted almost $90 for a 20" laminate bar and chain setup... so instead of calling my stihl rep and whining, i went to another store and bought it there

Again with the reading. I never said I asked the rep to call a dealer to get me the same deal. What I did say was this "The SMA rep called another dealer to try to get me the same deal I had with the original dealer, but was unsuccessful getting the dealer to honor a reasonable deal - less than 10% off." I called the rep to see where my order was. Since he's good and helpful he volunteered to see if he could get me the same deal somewhere else. I never asked him to, but when he offered, I accepted.

"You cant see gas for sale on the other side of the highway for 10 cents cheaper, pull into the station on your side and argue that they should sell it to you for the same price..it just wont work." As I've explained many times, Stihl does allow their dealers to haggle. That's why the car dealer analogy is more accurate than Walmart, gas stations etc...

Since you refuse to answer my question about paying DSRP for your saws, I have my answer, you don't and you just want to argue, so keep it up I can hang with you.

There is a Husqvarna dealer in my area that is $40-50 over MSRP. And considers that their "sale" price. I walked in, looked at that tag and walked right back out. I find that insulting. They must think the buying public doesn't know how to use the internet.

My thanks to another reasonable shopper.

If dealers are only making $65 on a saw they better get into another biz..
that means selling over 1500 saws a year wont even pay the bills !!
somethings wrong with this picture..
if i cant get a deal I'm happy with,i go someplace else..theres always one dealer wanting to make some money..
better a dollar made than a dollar lost..
AND a returning customer :)

I agree. If you have a "take it or leave" it attitude at DSRP, most reasonable people will leave it, period. No one will convince me that this doesn't reflect negatively on the company.

Again with the reading...

Since you refuse to answer my question about paying DSRP for your saws, I have my answer, you don't and you just want to argue, so keep it up I can hang with you.
to answer your question, ive only bought one BRAND NEW IN BOX saw in my life, and i bought it from a fine member of this forum here, so ive never actually walked into a dealership and purchased a new in box saw, sorry, ive bought many other things though, one local dealership wanted almost $90 for a 20" laminate bar and chain setup... so instead of calling my stihl rep and whining, i went to another store and bought it there

see, im not the only one who practices selective vision ! :heart:

My thanks to another reasonable shopper.

how can you even begin to compare his story with yours?
he mentioned that this husky dealership considers their SALE PRICE to be $50 OVER the msrp, so he walked out.

you walked away because you couldnt get 10% off the msrp.

thats not apples to apples

I agree. If you have a "take it or leave" it attitude at DSRP, most reasonable people will leave it, period. No one will convince me that this doesn't reflect negatively on the company.

how does ONE DEALERSHIPS refusal to offer you the same deal as another privately owned dealership reflect poorly on the COMPANY whos products they both carry!?
this is crazy talk - hate the 1st dealership who made the deal (and broke the deal) all youd like.. but thats as far as you should really be taking this..any farther and its totally unwarranted and you are just whining and stihl bashing like the rest of em

Last edited:
After reading this thread I am glad I am in the Automotive business, At least selling cars is an honest days work. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:I was thinking about opening an outdoor power equipment place when I retire, Now I think I am better off just leaving the money in the bank. It should last longer.

One thing to consider also is, if the dealer has a saw in stock, he has probably been paying interest on inventory. On a special order saw, the dealer knows he is going to have a fast turn over on the saw, therefore he doesn't have it taking up self space/money, and can therefore (possibly), offer a better price.

I've never haggled over a saw, and usually get a loop or 2 of chain with the purchace, sometimes a bottle of mix and bar oil with it. Dealers that don't take care of customers, usually don't have customers for very long. Some are asses because they are "the only game in town." Most of those arrogant types aren't in business very long. If they are, they must have enough of a loyal customer base to not worry about everyone that comes in wanting $50 off of everything. Just sayin...

how does ONE DEALERSHIPS refusal to offer you the same deal as another privately owned dealership reflect poorly on the COMPANY whos products they both carry!?
this is crazy talk - hate the 1st dealership who made the deal (and broke the deal) all youd like.. but thats as far as you should really be taking this..any farther and its totally unwarranted and you are just whining and stihl bashing like the rest of em

So whats wrong with STIHL bashing ?
fun,entertaining,worthwhile time spent too..
some people dont want to be creamsickle blinded yuppies paying to much for an inferior product because all the other lemmings want to jump off the cliff too..
an educated consumer is a dealers worst nightmare..

some people dont want to be creamsickle blinded yuppies paying to much for an inferior product because all the other lemmings want to jump off the cliff too..

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

some people dont want to be creamsickle blinded yuppies paying to much for an inferior product because all the other lemmings want to jump off the cliff too..an educated consumer is a dealers worst nightmare..

I guess that includes all of those lemmings that buy those high quality Rancher 455s at Lowe's..

you guys are arguing with a retard that makes ya a retard too. its no wonder you got retards like him beating up dealers on pricing and people looking at this industry as a redneck backyard hobby type business that gets no respect because lots of you guys tell the public about the inner workings of your business with manufacturers, distributors, expenses, margins and such giving retard consumers and just consumers in general who have no business knowing any of this information even more ammunition.

stihl bashing, or the continued bashing of any product is pathetic, if you dont like it, dont buy it , its very simple, but on a forum where 3/4 of the members cant even figure out how to post a picture, that type of stupidity is expected i guess.
"creamsickle blinded yuppies paying too much for an inferior product" so now anyone who runs a stihl is just a lemming? what about all the men and woman who swear by them to put food on their table? just yuppie lemmings who pay to much so they can brag they own a stihl on the internet, right?
i made a post about my opinion on this whole "against whatever is popular" way of thinking before..
this has less to do with people disliking stihl, than it does with them wanting to be cool for not liking or buying the number 1 chainsaw brand in the world.
its the same thing with music, pop culture, religion, etc, there is always that group of people who think they are cooler, or more hip, or more "in the know" than everyone else because they go against the grain and against whats popular or what other people are doing, regardless of weather or not their stance has any validity or is in any way good for them in the big picture is insignificant to these type opf people, all that matters is that they didnt "conform". there will always be that group of guys who think its cool , to do the opposite of what other people are doing. perfect example is all these hipster retards and their horrible goth/emo music, its clearly absolute trash with no talent or music quality, but to them, its the coolest thing ever, because they are counter culture, and they like somrthing other people hate. in their eyes they are now cool. deep down inside they know they dont wana listen to that crap, but id they go buy a cd thats actually sold more than 127 copies, they are no longer cool in their friends eyes. they are now sell out, conformists geeks, like trhe rest of us! and thats their business.
just like many atheists are far more obsessed with religion than some religious people ever could be, many stihl bashers and stihl haters are far more into the brand loyalty than the stihl owners they are blindly lashing out against.
you have guys who have no problems dropping huge bucks on dolmars and echos and makitas, yet a comparable model stihl that costs $50 more, is a overpriced, over hyped POS! that train of thought is fascinating to me. the constant need to reassure yourself you are going against the norm, and not conforming to what is popular and what other people are doing is a disease. keep it up and youll find yourself driving a Saab, running makita saws and eating the off brand cereal that cost 30 cents less that you brainwashed yourself into believing tastes the same as the name brand.

stihl bashing, or the continued bashing of any product is pathetic, if you dont like it, dont buy it , its very simple, but on a forum where 3/4 of the members cant even figure out how to post a picture, that type of stupidity is expected i guess.
"creamsickle blinded yuppies paying too much for an inferior product" so now anyone who runs a stihl is just a lemming? what about all the men and woman who swear by them to put food on their table? just yuppie lemmings who pay to much so they can brag they own a stihl on the internet, right?
i made a post about my opinion on this whole "against whatever is popular" way of thinking before..
this has less to do with people disliking stihl, than it does with them wanting to be cool for not liking or buying the number 1 chainsaw brand in the world.
its the same thing with music, pop culture, religion, etc, there is always that group of people who think they are cooler, or more hip, or more "in the know" than everyone else because they go against the grain and against whats popular or what other people are doing, regardless of weather or not their stance has any validity or is in any way good for them in the big picture is insignificant to these type opf people, all that matters is that they didnt "conform". there will always be that group of guys who think its cool , to do the opposite of what other people are doing. perfect example is all these hipster retards and their horrible goth/emo music, its clearly absolute trash with no talent or music quality, but to them, its the coolest thing ever, because they are counter culture, and they like somrthing other people hate. in their eyes they are now cool. deep down inside they know they dont wana listen to that crap, but id they go buy a cd thats actually sold more than 127 copies, they are no longer cool in their friends eyes. they are now sell out, conformists geeks, like trhe rest of us! and thats their business.
just like many atheists are far more obsessed with religion than some religious people ever could be, many stihl bashers and stihl haters are far more into the brand loyalty than the stihl owners they are blindly lashing out against.
you have guys who have no problems dropping huge bucks on dolmars and echos and makitas, yet a comparable model stihl that costs $50 more, is a overpriced, over hyped POS! that train of thought is fascinating to me. the constant need to reassure yourself you are going against the norm, and not conforming to what is popular and what other people are doing is a disease. keep it up and youll find yourself driving a Saab, running makita saws and eating the off brand cereal that cost 30 cents less that you brainwashed yourself into believing tastes the same as the name brand.

:laugh::laugh: UMMMMM OK????? You need to go rub one off to your stihl's!!!

I guess that includes all of those lemmings that buy those high quality Rancher 455s at Lowe's..

nah, they arnt lemmings.
spending over $400 on a plastic 50cc saw, from a big box store, that has absolutely no idea how to identify, or fix any problem that comes up, is absolutely ok.
taking that $400 to a stihl shop to buy a ms290 where they can start, tune, educate, and trouble shoot any questions you could possibly have, is what makes you a lemming.

:laugh::laugh: UMMMMM OK????? You need to go rub one off to your stihl's!!!

got a husky outside too.. should i rub one out on that too for you?
id repeat myself the same way if the same thread was made about huskys constantly. (if husky actually had a half decent organization of dealers around the country for tards like the OP to bash..)

other than trollin the thread several times to add fuel to the fire.. why dont you add your 2 cents on the OP's situation?
or just quote this , add 10 smiley faces and go giggle to yourself in the corner :)

Gotta remember to take those meds every day, dude, just like they say on the label. And if the court has ordered you to go to some meetings regularly, go to them.

Also I like the online prices way better. A brand new stihl chain 20" .50 3/8 at my dealer is $33 plus 10% tax. ON ebay 15 plus 5 shipping. with only a buck extra per add'l chain. You tell me where the best deal is

Dealer in Topeka will spin up a pro chain for about a dollar a bar inch. I like them. I bought a 660 form them, it came with a 3/4 wrap handle and big bar cover and dawgs. Just like I wanted.

I think you need to learn that just because a 'tard dangles a rope in front of you, you do not have to pick it up and play tug of war.

Every one of my saws is a Stihl. I think they are better saws in the long run, though the Efco line is pretty darn good and a good deal cheaper.

Latest posts

Back