FarmerTec MS200t What's in the Box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I would have done that from the start but I had no idea.
Let’s say it is out of spec, should I order another cheap crank to try or spend more than the saws worth on a oem.
Also would it be wrong to trade it in at a pawn shop on anything they have name brand? It doesn’t have Stihl on it and I wouldn’t say anything if not asked. Or I may just throw in the towel and take one to the chin because I knew better. It’s not my hobby to constantly work on it, I have limited time and energy after a day of being in a bucket truck most of the day. I Guess I’m going to think about it this week while I wait on my boot and I’ll see where I’m at then. Maybe someone else will have one running to compare by then.
I have no up and down movement in the bearings so it’s got to be the flywheel or the crank.

Go buy a new saw. If you're busy enough to need two, it's a small expense. The Echos are cheap, easy to find (Home Depot as a last resort) and have a 1 year pro warranty.

When you have time, throw a used OEM crank and boot in your kit and sell it or keep it for parts on your other 200t. Just be honest that it's a chinese clone. People selling kit saws as the real thing are sheisters.

I am going to point out something and i am doing it to be helpful. In the past kits required debugging before being trusted. I see folks skipping this step and you just can't, we are seeing the proof here. They are building them and then questioning why they bought it, thinking it would just work. In the past people have worked together to get them where they are trustworthy. We have run into problems that were over come in the past. once you figure it out they work. I have yet to see one that you assembly straight out of the box and cut wood. i personally know a bunch of professionals that use them becuase when something happens like running over one it is not so painful.

we are not to the point where the kits are ready to run. they might start but they will not run long. if history is an indicator i think the 200t can be as reliable as the 440/660 debugged. we just need to debug them.

A nasty surprise!
57a03827c0aafddee7dac8c985e11f35.jpg

Missed by a good half inch. [emoji90]

Handle twisted to right.
b1be09e6e4c0e4331b2f5b93176dc8b5.jpg

it looks like you are building it and this happened or you made a cut and it failed? the story has been the handles did not fit.

did the bottom screw snap?

My handle was off but not that much dang.
Why couldn’t the chicom’s assemble just one saw? Even disassemble a working one for that matter and test fit. Or even in this the day in age with 3D printing a test mold would be easy. We’re the ginny pigs I suppose at our expense.

Any “ professional “ buying these kits and expecting them to make you money is setting himself up for failure, plain and simple. These are purely hobby saws, you get what you pay for. :cool:

Unlike their other saw kits the 200t is almost only used by professionals or semi pros. Failure isn’t tolerated very much.

Im not knocking your response I’m just saying a top handle saw is useless to the everyday Home owner or firewood cutter.
The people getting them may have their expectations to high. Mine has definitely been lowered.

I’m no pro, but I service three of them for a friend with a mill. All three were brought to me not running. All three are now running. All three went through the China carb boots, all three boots melted after about a months use, they all now have OEM boots on them. They’re great saws around the house, I always keep one here ready while my friend runs 2 of them at his bandsaw mill, handiest saw I own, and I have over a dozen that all have their use. As stated before, expecting a cheap copy to do a pro job is setting yourself up for trouble. Nothing more embarrassing than to be in a tree and your saw craps out or won’t start when hot!:cool:

I was thinking of buying one of the 200t kits to keep in the storage box on my Yamaha grizzly atv instead of my foldable hand saw (we ride all winter here in Utah and having a fire is a must). I may just pick up a echo top handle instead . I built the ms660 kit a few months ago (with a load of OEM stihl parts) and have run 15+ tanks threw it and it runs like a scalded dog so far !!!!! I guess this 200t kit is a bust

I was thinking of buying one of the 200t kits to keep in the storage box on my Yamaha grizzly atv instead of my foldable hand saw (we ride all winter here in Utah and having a fire is a must). I may just pick up a echo top handle instead . I built the ms660 kit a few months ago (with a load of OEM stihl parts) and have run 15+ tanks threw it and it runs like a scalded dog so far !!!!! I guess this 200t kit is a bust
Those OEM parts you installed were a result of debugging the saw and finding out what it took to make it work. In a few weeks to a month we should get a handle on it.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

https://www.youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

Find a decent used 200t , Lone Wolf is a guy on here that has them for around $400 or $500, completely gone through and ready to cut, these knock offs will be a money pit and still be a pile.:)

Find a decent used 200t , Lone Wolf is a guy on here that has them for around $400 or $500, completely gone through and ready to cut, these knock offs will be a money pit and still be a pile.:)
+1 for Lone Wolf, super helpful and generous with info. Will definitely recommend buying from him if a working MS200T is a must.
Unfortunately, most of the folks on this thread already has the money in the pit ... like me! However, my objective was to learn about fixing and getting a little more out of my chainsaws .... so far, it does not disappoint.

Stihl collar screws -2pk
1125 122 6600

I put a notice on the assembly video and the website, warning that the collar studs should not be installed and gave the stihl part number there as well. I ordered them and mine have not come. I have a set for the 440. The 200t and the 044 are the same but different than the 440, just my luck

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Latest posts

Back