Favorite Phrases

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot about those two. Definitely the former. Gravity helps out a lot with the latter.

Thanks!

Ha Ha Ha! Tell, that to my wheelbarrow when I unload. Its IQ is somehat limited. :blob4:

What we need is a concrete buggy:
100700.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, another term old farmers call it, but here they don't say 'elm' they say it like 'elum'.

That's how my Dad pronounces it,and he has a lot of others,my son still get's a kick out of listening to him.

An old bachelor farmer I used to know always said "good enough for the girls we go out with." I always looked at him and said "you go out with girls?"

Kyle

My favorite firewood saying

No matter how doughty,punky or pithy.. It will beat snowballs..\
We use that for hay too..

I might have been the one who invented this but if not let me know. This is what I say when its getting deep.

I came here to do two things, tree work and kick ass. I am about done doing tree work.

Here are a few that I like:

"You'll have that on them big jobs."

"That fits like socks on a rooster."

"You're movin' at the speed of frozen water."

"He's like a pair of pre-school scissors: bright & colorful, but not too sharp."

"It's close enough for government work."

"He's so tight that when he blinks his kneecaps move up and down."

"Well, at least we look good." (for when things go wrong :D)

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

"They get paid from the neck down."

"I'm out like a fat kid rounding 3rd."

"I may be short, but I make up for it by being slow."

.... and my motto ....

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired. – Robert Strauss"

There are a few more, but not here. :D

Ha Ha Ha! Tell, that to my wheelbarrow when I unload. Its IQ is somehat limited. :blob4:

What we need is a concrete buggy:
100700.jpg

I had a "Roughrider" 4x4 dump buggy w diesel for couple of years made in the 50's. It was a hoot to use and look at. Sold it for lack of space and use. Got more than I paid for it.

Here are a few that I like:

"You'll have that on them big jobs."

"That fits like socks on a rooster."

"You're movin' at the speed of frozen water."

"He's like a pair of pre-school scissors: bright & colorful, but not too sharp."

"It's close enough for government work."

"He's so tight that when he blinks his kneecaps move up and down."

"Well, at least we look good." (for when things go wrong :D)

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

"They get paid from the neck down."

"I'm out like a fat kid rounding 3rd."

"I may be short, but I make up for it by being slow."

.... and my motto ....

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired. – Robert Strauss"

There are a few more, but not here. :D

good ones, esp the last one.

How bout when pulling a tree over.....hey, swifty go over there and get ahold of the "dumb end of the rope".

My personal favorite saying comes from my dad.

When someone asks you a question to which the answer is an obvious yes, you reply with: " Do fat babies fart? "

eg

"I have some nice ash cut and split. Would you like me to stack that in your barn?"

" Do fat babies fart????"

Here's one I use when describing my awful luck "If it was raining hot naked women, a fag would fall out of the sky and hit me".
The last tree trimmer I worked with was a little slow upstairs. One day he cut the top rung of his ladder in half with my chain saw. It was then that I told him:

"When the Lord handed out brains, you thought He said trains and you missed yours."

When you have to do a distasteful job.
"If you have to eat a turd don't nibble at it"

Since we're not limiting to firewood anymore, a few off the top of my head...

'polishing a turd' to describe something futile or just a plain waste of time.

'He could talk a tick off from the gut wagon' to describe someone really persuasive.

'tough as a sack of hammers' - I hear 'dumb as a sack of hammers' too.

snd my absolute favorite - 'rare as hen's teeth'.

more

Happier than a double #####ed dog in a leg humpin contest.

Be careful not to polish the turd too much there is sh!t underneath!

The sun shines on a dog's a$$ every now and then.

Latest posts

Back