Favorite Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all mine too, but I use the MS260 the most. I really like my three 041s for that old school sound.

I've got an 041fb with a super topend that's a blast to run, it's just that your hands are numb after about 30 mins.:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

We don't have much big timber in my neck of the woods, so I have to say my MS 361 is my favorite. With an 18" bar It suits my firewood needs perfectly. I'd give it my highest recommendation to anyone looking for a saw in this size range.

Pioneer P61 and P62

Heavy, loud, powerful. With a 28" bar on softwood you don't have to use it very long to fill a pickup full of wood. I have a buddy with a 056 Mag--very comparable saw to it.

E. C. Jones

034 Super

That saw is just about perfect for firewood. Small enough to limb with, but has the gonads to buck bigger stuff. 20" bar is perfect on it, pulls a 25" with full skip just fine. Doesn't weigh much more than an 028. My perfect 1 saw plan, if I had only 1. I call it the poor mans MS361.

Homelite XL-12 Because they just won't die. And now my Homelite 750 cause nothing stops it.

+1.

I love running my SXL. Great wide power band, neat sound and reliable as a tank. No AV and it gets heavy after about 2 tanks, but I dont think thats a huge deal.

Old school for me would be the poulan 306a and 245a. New school is the MS460 and the MS270.:chainsaw:

For the bazillionth time on AS....

The Stihl MS361!!!!!

I beat everyone else to this one. My favorite saw of all the saws I have owned. Easy to run, pulls a long bar (long enough anyway), low vibration, good design (probably one of the best saw designs Stihl ever came up with, and an interesting engineering story at that). Good ergonomics, good compromise for weight, torque, HP and ease of use. Fairly easy to modify, and mostly made of metal and high quality plastic.

But it, and like almost every other saw out there now will be gone due to EPA standards come 2010. Two more years people! Then the great saws of this era will be history.

Exactly! :agree2:

favorite

old school promac 700 with 24" bar when she runz
new school jd cs 81 36" bar
general purpose saw jd cs62 24" full skip light and powerfull

:givebeer: :givebeer:

I had one 046 that was given to me new, and I had Madsens port/polish it. That was one fine saw. I sold it mainly because I didn't like the turd that gave it to me. Long story. But in retrospect, that was one fantastic saw. Of all the other saws I have owned/operated, I would have to say that if I wasn't getting old and decrepit, the 066 would be my favorite hands down. But as far as something realistic for me to run for hours or more, I would vote for the 044 in a flush handle version, or the 372XP in a wrap handle version. Me personally, I don't want nuttin' that has 'MS' in the model number. But that's just me.

Latest posts

Back