Finally! SNOW!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Whitespider,

You aren't far from me and the track is heading NE which is right towards Lacrosse.

My parents don't live far from Lacrosse. I'll have to call them and see how they've making out. Stay safe there.

Its being labeled as the "big one" but not a flake in the air as of 9pm. Im in the 10-15 inch area. Have to wait and see i guess.

Well its not entirely finished but it has slowed greatly. Only 8 inches currently with another 1-2 expected. One town within 50 miles of me is reporting 14 inches. Nothing like the Northeastern crowd gets but mildly impressive for our area.

Not Enough

Well its not entirely finished but it has slowed greatly. Only 8 inches currently with another 1-2 expected. One town within 50 miles of me is reporting 14 inches. Nothing like the Northeastern crowd gets but mildly impressive for our area.

Regardless, this snowstorm will not even begin to solve the dought problems of both Kansas and Nebraska. If no significant spring rains materialize, we are still looking at another year of major crop shortages and starving livestock.

Regardless, this snowstorm will not even begin to solve the drought problems of both Kansas and Nebraska.

And Iowa, although we haven't had it as bad... yet! It ain't looking good.
That drought has been creeping northeast since it started in Texas a few years ago. We got our first taste of it last year and by all indications this year will be worse. We ain't had crap for snow-fall... I've been able to see the dead grass most all winter.

And another fizzle... the local weather experts must be proud.
Looking out in the dark this morning we have maybe 4 inches on the ground... just an average, run-of-the-mill snow-fall.

Yes, the heavier snowfall moved a bit south and east in the KC area. By the time it was in full swing they finally put us in the 8-12 inch zone. We got at least that and I suspect a bit more. Now they are predicting a "measurable snow event" with some sleet and freezing rain for monday.

I only received about 1/2 to 3/4ths of an inch of the white stuff overnight. Then the fog or low flying clouds rolled in which is just starting to lift. It's supposed to rain later on today, tonight and into tomorrow.

Witht he rain it sure makes processing wood a bit on the difficult side. :msp_unsure:

well, ended up with about 18" out in my neck of the woods. Spent all day pushing snow and keeping the woodstoves going. Loved every minute.

Unfortunately, I have a 4X4, so it is back to reality of work.

3' in 4 hours, 50" in 24 hours.
1494C623-5DDA-4B70-8AF4-329DEDA502AB-1131-00000079C4599D67_zpsbb37eaae.jpg

B704B959-C342-4343-8927-9AB36B5D7339-1131-00000079B7F53369_zps650052fe.jpg

D098BB8F-BA01-4744-A65F-22E76CE861FA-1131-00000079B50BFB2B_zps31857d4e.jpg

no drift, actually on top of our table outside, but sure can't compare to Shawnw. Wow, that is all I can say.

no drift, actually on top of our table outside, but sure can't compare to Shawnw. Wow, that is all I can say.
It's pretty typical for us, believe it or not. 25-30' of snow per year (yes, feet). Google the tug hill plateau sometime. It's an amazing place to have a camp :rock:

Back