First Mod to the 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t get me wrong the saw kicks ass, probably the best saw I have ever had tbf

Stihl made Super Magnum 038's, back in the day.
I had an 038 Super until recently and knew of the Magnum models. Never knew the Magnum was a Super Magnum, or was there a Magnum and a Super Magnum? Is it because of Tom Selleck or the gun 😂 Tbh we don’t see many Magnum saws in the UK

😂 we’re such immature children really aren’t we?! When I had the 038 Super all I wanted was the Magnum. I like the 660’s that Robin sells, mostly because they come with a Magnum sticker

Seriously, tis a joke but for many the MAGNUM has a special power, not understood but is self evident. This 500i probably is worth an additional $500.
You probably could put it on eBay as a Magnum 500i and get extra for it. With some careful wording so as not to lie I honestly think someone would come along that is dazzled by the SUPER MAGNUM ness of it. I hope you love the saw when you put it to work

CDCD1570-611C-4AC0-AE15-8D03DBE962E8.png

I heard the air filters need fixing?
He doesn’t know. He hasn’t run his yet. The sticker should help keep fines out. One of these days old Montana is going to fuel it up and let it rip. I do not have that kind of patience. I keep dreaming up opportunities to run mine. No sticker for me. I might put a small outerwears sticker on the air box. Their pre filter seems to keep the pleats in the stock filter from plugging up.

Back