First Mod to the 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you say it’s not a bucking saw?
To me, this saw makes its power at higher rpm. It’s not a saw that you dawg in and start cutting like a 181se or even an 064- it has to be screaming, then start cutting. It does not have the low end torque that the older saws have in my opinion. It’s like a Chevy Camaro at 450hp and a Ford F450 powerstroke at 325hp. Both are made to fundamentally go down the road. Which one are you going to use to pull your boat and trailer? Which one to run back into town to pick up a gallon of milk and a box of Ho-Ho’s? Again, this is my assessment with 35 years of running saws both great and small, for what it’s worth👍🏻

To me, this saw makes its power at higher rpm. It’s not a saw that you dawg in and start cutting like a 181se or even an 064- it has to be screaming, then start cutting. It does not have the low end torque that the older saws have in my opinion. It’s like a Chevy Camaro at 450hp and a Ford F450 powerstroke at 325hp. Both are made to fundamentally go down the road. Which one are you going to use to pull your boat and trailer? Which one to run back into town to pick up a gallon of milk and a box of Ho-Ho’s? Again, this is my assessment with 35 years of running saws both great and small, for what it’s worth👍🏻

Is there a different way? I always go WOT before entering wood. Only time I don't is when I am trimming smallish branches.

Latest posts

Back