First post, hello from a chainsaw newbie.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And i think the guy at wallyworld is a standup guy for the honesty.

:agree2: :clap:

Brags, If you are having a little buyers remorse why have you not taken the 210 back to the dealer where you got it and work out a deal for the 250???

They will do that ya know. ;)

I don't know if they still do or not but Stihl used to have a satisfaction guarantee for so many days after the sale.... if your not happy, take it back. Even if Stihl doesn't have the guarantee anymore the dealer will likely make you a trade you can live with. May cost you a little money now out of pocket but it beats many years of thinking you should have gotten a bigger saw.

BTW most folks pay full retail at the Stihl dealer, especially on the homeowner saws... not a lot of wiggle room on those. The 210 is a fine saw, mine was old enough to still be called an 021, and was my primary limb and trim saw for a good while, my dad is stihl cutting with it these many years later and it still starts and cuts like the first day it was brought home every time it's needed. :clap:

:cheers:

Last edited:
I think you made a great choice for what you are doing! Be happy with it.

I worked with a guy who had a 210, and he beat and abused the saw daily. It always started, and came back for more.

Get yourself some saw-chaps and a helmet. If you take care of the saw, it will last a lifetime for occasional cutting. Stihl dealers generally do not ####er on their price, so most everyone pays MSRP.

Also, use Stihl mix oil. If the mix is more than 3 months old, dump it and use fresh mix. I run my saws out of gas before I store them. You will avoid carb problems this way.

After you have a few tanks of fuel through it, bring it back to the dealer and they will readjust the carb for you.

If you purchased a Walmart saw, it would be throwing good $ out the window.

Be safe and enjoy your new saw.

Your buyers remorse story sounds a bit like me, when I was shopping for my first saw. I weighed the pros and cons over and over, it basically came down to price.

Stihl dealer around here have a 7 day return policy. but in the end I just went for a saw I knew I wouldn't be kicking my ass about 6 months down the road.

Like others have said, maybe go back to the dealer and work something out.

Your choice of the 210 was far better than the Wild Thing. The small saw won't wear you out as quickly as a heavier saw, but will cut a little slower. Keep your chain sharp, and only run fresh fuel.

I have both smaller and larger saws,and the small saws still get used for limbing, trimming and small wood. Certainly, they have their place.

As for a larger saw, keep your eyes open for a good used 026, 028, or even 038, 044, 046.....CAD will set in! Before you do buy used, especially if its an older saw, check for parts availability.

Congrats on the new saw! Have fun, but be careful!

A little "heads up".

In 2010, strict new EPA regs are going into effect. These will effectively remove a lot of the saws we have available to us now because they will not meet emission standards. Thought you might like to know. :chainsaw:

Back