First Real Kickback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be there in about an hour and a half to get all of the saws and powertools Ian. Dont worry about them cause they will get along just fine with the others down in the shop. Maybe in about a year or two when you feel up to it we will try you out on them again. BTW, go ahead and give Rob my addy so that he can ship the 066 directly to me.:greenchainsaw: Seriously, Im glad that it wasnt any worse than it was.:cheers:

Not trying to jack the thread bud.
I just don't want you to feel like the only ********** of the week.
Those are third degree burns on my upper and lower eyelids.
I was cutting a catalytic converter off a girls car on Friday.
I was in a hurry, didn't have the time or desire to even do the job but
you know how persuasive these females can be.:love1:
My safety glasses were on my tool box, in the garage and I was already under
the car, on my back. You know how it is. If you look real close, you might
be able to see that the very bottom of my cornea was cauterized by a piece of
the molten blob that got me. I was shaking like a little ##### for about an hour. I didn't go to the ER. Been there done that (and it's a great story! Another time).

Nothing like the smell of burning flesh!

Eyeball001.jpg

I got mine in a chop saw a few years ago, barley nicked my finger.... scared the shat out of me.

Glad to here your okay........... again :dizzy:

They say bad things come in threes, be careful dummy. :cheers:

:monkey: I'm still not sure who "they" are??? :laugh:

Whoever 'they' are, my wife apparently knows them too. LOL

The hospital wants to change the dressings today. Pictures forthcoming this evening. The hospital didn't have a camera worth a flip yesterday.

Ian

First, the best in nurse's fashion, just for Slowp... then the horror show. Doc said I would be much improved in 2 or 3 months but the fingertips wouldn't be fully healed for a year or so. Don't open either "meat" if you've got a weak stomach. --Ian

Last edited:
Hey Ian knock this stuff off. No new subjects for this thread. Iwill offer to take care of a certain 372 tho:hmm3grin2orange:
Thats just gnarly heal up and stay safe from this day forward.

Last edited:
First, the best in nurses fashion, just for Slowp... then the horror show. Doc said I would be much improved in 2 or 3 months but the fingertips wouldn't be fully healed for a year or so. Don't open either "meat" if you've got a weak stomach. --Ian

That first picture looks like prep for a rectal exam.:laugh:

Those other two are UGLY.....I think you were lucky,:confused: and I'm glad it wasn't worse. Be careful and don't let that get infected(be careful where you put your fingers).;)

Last edited:
They have me on some pretty serious antibiotics because the bone is cracked/chipped in the stitched finger. Said it would be easy to lose the whole finger if the bone gets infected.

Ian

First, the best in nurses fashion, just for Slowp... then the horror show. Doc said I would be much improved in 2 or 3 months but the fingertips wouldn't be fully healed for a year or so. Don't open either "meat" if you've got a weak stomach. --Ian

Might be longer than a year, been there twice, got the t-shirt and the hat!

The worst part, after getting hit, is the fear you get the first time you look to see the cut, always a relief when things are still in place no matter the shred factor.

Heal fast!

That first picture looks prep for a rectal exam.:laugh:

Those other two are UGLY.....I think you were lucky,:confused: and I'm glad it wasn't worse. Be careful and don't let that get infected(be careful where you put your fingers.;)

Don't pick your nose for a few days........ ya that is gnarly. Saws are not scalpels. Yuck. A picture can be worth.........well, it depends on the picture. I'm glad you will recover! Might be a while before you play guitar again..

I'd wear the matching glove if I were you. Wouldn't want to be associated/mistaken for Michael Jackson! Run children, run! I'd also send you Old Sparkless to look at because that's all you'd want to do, as he is a pain to start. But, you're much too far awayyyyyyyyyy....stay away from all power equipment and some unpowered too! Don't use any knives!

AC down

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Wish gas wasn't $4 a gallon, I'd come fix your AC, need to stay cool, less chance of infection.

That is over the top...take care of those wounds best that you can.

If I didn't know any better I would say that Ron Popeil had used a Veg-O-Matic on you...

Back