Fiskars X27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g32sfeq.jpg
RDDdFm6.jpg

No, it wasnt As bold in real life. I cut a cookie off one round because the marbling was so cool. How do i keep it from cracking?
I was wondering the same thing.
Are all of your maples black like that in the center?
If you search the site here you will find plenty of product suggestions. I think the proper term is checkering(when the ends split or crack.
I was also thinking we should call you oaky larry, not ashy, lots of oak in that picture there. Looks beautiful.
Update:
I just searched "log sealing" and came up with a lot of hits that looked should help.

A water based spar varnish should help prevent cracks ,and it is clear ,the oil base spar varnish will flake if the wood is wet in my experience ,i have had good luck with varithane products .

A water based spar varnish should help prevent cracks ,and it is clear ,the oil base spar varnish will flake if the wood is wet in my experience ,i have had good luck with varithane products .
What happened here TRX250r180(I love those by the way), looks like your photo got swapped out LOL
Here's my last haul with mine just yesterday.20160124_175404.jpg

No. What the hell were you splitting?
I have split nothing but wood with it

However last week someone tried to open my gun safe with it after breaking a couple windows and grabbing any cash change and jewelry they could find

They went in my garage and help themselves to my angle grinder pry bars and the x27 witch was sitting next to a 6 lb maul a 8 lb hammer and 3 splitting wedges they must have been to heavy

It did fair better than the safe
uploadfromtaptalk1453777266790.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453777307846.jpg
0343b91d6f17bd096702ccc863f4a670.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

However last week someone tried to open my gun safe with it after breaking a couple windows and grabbing any cash change and jewelry they could find

They went in my garage and help themselves to my angle grinder pry bars and the x27 witch was sitting next to a 6 lb maul a 8 lb hammer and 3 splitting wedges they must have been to heavy

View attachment 481362View attachment 481364

Sorry to hear man!

Appears they didn't get into the safe?

No they didn't get into the safe but weren't far from it

That stuff really upsets me, the good thing is it will come back around to them. Does your insurance take care of all this.
All in all, the fiskars looks great now that I've seen what was done with/to it. To others it will be a reason not to buy one, I can hear it already "those fiskars won't even split a safe open:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Hope your ok with me laughing at the types of response the FHCA(fiskar haters club of america) would make.
I wasn't to far off thinking you were splitting wood on top of the vice.

View attachment 481362View attachment 481364

So the X27 WON'T split everything! Amazing that it even survived.

Harry K

That stuff really upsets me, the good thing is it will come back around to them. Does your insurance take care of all this.
All in all, the fiskars looks great now that I've seen what was done with/to it. To others it will be a reason not to buy one, I can hear it already "those fiskars won't even split a safe open:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Hope your ok with me laughing at the types of response the FHCA(fiskar haters club of america) would make.
I wasn't to far off thinking you were splitting wood on top of the vice.
The thief was probably swinging it like a maul if he would have used an overhead swing :chop:it would have cracked the safe.

Is there a difference between the orange handle and all black handle? Just wondering because Canadian Tire does not list the black ones as an X but the orange handles do. Thanks

Is there a difference between the orange handle and all black handle? Just wondering because Canadian Tire does not list the black ones as an X but the orange handles do. Thanks
Not sure there Hammy, it has been discussed before i just don't remember. Just use the search feature and search x36 black handle.
Hey can you send me a 10pack of those ames kids shovels, we can't get them here. I should order some right now with the dollar being where it is:)

The orange handle axes have a rubber material where they are orange. They offer a better grip than the all black axes IMO. Fit/form/function is the same between the two except the orange grip. The all black axes head appears to have a different coating on them but that is unconfirmed and based on looks alone.

Latest posts

Back