Fiskars X27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "highly praised Fiskars X27" should be
"in the safe," with the guns and gold!
The thieves obviously had no hands on firewood splitting experience or muscles.
Sorry for your losses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is there a difference between the orange handle and all black handle? Just wondering because Canadian Tire does not list the black ones as an X but the orange handles do. Thanks
I have an all black version of the X-15. I didnt notice any slipperyness at all with the non-rubberized handle. All thing equal I would get the rubber handled one though.

Using my old X27 Fiskars on an unidentified species of wood at the time....

Your getting it done, not winning any races, but getting it done.
I think you might want to stick with the DR K10 Rapidfire as it's a bit more productive. Unless your just trying to get a little workout:).
What stove do you use those little pieces in, and what are the pieces you threw off to the side.

Your getting it done, not winning any races, but getting it done.
I think you might want to stick with the DR K10 Rapidfire as it's a bit more productive. Unless your just trying to get a little workout:).
To be honest chipper I absolutely love splitting with a maul and after reading up on the Husqvarna S2800 I think I may just have to invest in one of those. Even though it has a shorter handle than the X27 it won't take long to adjust to it as I've used the shorter handle X25 Fiskars splitter a lot also. At five foot nine either length handle works great for me.:chop:

To be honest chipper I absolutely love splitting with a maul and after reading up on the Husqvarna S2800 I think I may just have to invest in one of those. Even though it has a shorter handle than the X27 it won't take long to adjust to it as I've used the shorter handle X25 Fiskars splitter a lot also. At five foot nine either length handle works great for me.:chop:
I like to split by hand as well, but use a hydro splitter if I have to keep at it for long periods of time, and on the oddballs or the nasty ones.
I love the length of the x27 and I'm only 5'7". If you plan on splitting in the same spot all the time at the house you could dig a hole to put the block you use to split on level with the ground. It will save a lot of time picking splits up off the ground then lifting them up. It will also give you more power because your swing length/fall will be longer and gravity will help a little.

Here's the last larger load I split by hand, but I try to cut and split something every week. I heat with wood, and a pellet stove for help when the temps get real low or when we come back from vacation. This is a nice scrounge load of my favorite wood black locust. I just pulled up to it cut it up and loaded it, brought it home and it went from the trailer to being split to the stack:).20160107_172559.jpg20160108_162630.jpg

I have split nothing but wood with it

However last week someone tried to open my gun safe with it after breaking a couple windows and grabbing any cash change and jewelry they could find

They went in my garage and help themselves to my angle grinder pry bars and the x27 witch was sitting next to a 6 lb maul a 8 lb hammer and 3 splitting wedges they must have been to heavy

It did fair better than the safe
View attachment 481362View attachment 481364
0343b91d6f17bd096702ccc863f4a670.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

06switchback,

That straight sucks BUT your saving grace was that crackhead Bob tried attacking the front. If he would of put it front down and attacked the back, most definitely would have been a worse story.

99% sure the Fiskars would of opened that back up like a tuna can. That's where the thinnest metal is on the majority of safes/residential security containers.

Here's the last larger load I split by hand, but I try to cut and split something every week. I heat with wood, and a pellet stove for help when the temps get real low or when we come back from vacation. This is a nice scrounge load of my favorite wood black locust. I just pulled up to it cut it up and loaded it, brought it home and it went from the trailer to being split to the stack:).View attachment 481491View attachment 481492
Great pics. Did you polish that 550 for the picture? :D

Great pics. Did you polish that 550 for the picture? :D
That's funny, this is Brett, not Mark lol.
I do however have a towel I set them on when in the truck and when filling, filling, making adjustment, changing chains or bars in the woods. I just don't have them all wrapped up to keep each other warm:surprised3:

That's funny, this is Brett, not Mark lol.
I do however have a towel I set them on when in the truck and when filling, filling, making adjustment, changing chains or bars in the woods. I just don't have them all wrapped up to keep each other warm:surprised3:
Funny, just looked at the picture close because I was thinking "their towel" should have been under it, and it was:p

Back