For those who've used both: less vibration on a 260 or 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlh26oo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Given the 361 has springs at the handle attachments, while the 260 doesn't but is less powerful- which will vibe less? I think because what I'm currently using is so heavy for its power level, I hadn't even considered this as a factor until I started reading here. Obviously with such lighter and more powerful saws it can be an issue, and I might be wishing I'd considered it more if I don't ask.

Any input appreciated.

Nice!

O.K. the case for a 361 is getting stronger all the time. All the features of the 260 PRO with more power, and smoother? And with the 361 I don't have to decide between .325" and 3/8" since it's listed as 3/8" only on Stihl's comparison chart).

I just traded my 260 on a 361 couple weeks ago. The 361 is way smoother.
Yes, no comparison - only the smoothest Huskys are smoother than the MS361.
Really appreciate it guys!

saw comparrison

alot of the vibes on sawz come from the type of bar and chain. more teeth on chain less vibes, less teeth more vibes, i base this on my years of running home owner to pro power sawz:givebeer:

Sure the 361 is smoother, but.. the 260 barely rates on the scale of "annoying vibes"... I can use a 260 all day and not even take note of the vibes... I can't say the same of say a 290... and about an hour with an 031 or 056, and my hands are tingling/numb..

Sure the 361 is smoother, but.. the 260 barely rates on the scale of "annoying vibes"... I can use a 260 all day and not even take note of the vibes... I can't say the same of say a 290... and about an hour with an 031 or 056, and my hands are tingling/numb..

+1, I didn't think the 346 was that much smoother than the 260...

And with the 361 I don't have to decide between .325" and 3/8" since it's listed as 3/8" only

It's worth thinking about. This week my 361 is wearing a 16" bar with 67 links of .325 and a 9 pin sprocket. I can't remember ever using anything faster or smoother.

Well, you are wrong - it is!

...but personally, I wouldn't hesitate to use a 260 for a few hours - it isn't as bad as Mike Maas have been telling us............ :cheers: :cheers:

Same here, I could use a 346/2153 but I'm also not giving up my 026s, they have alot of potential.:cheers:

+1, I didn't think the 346 was that much smoother than the 260...
That much? but it is that much smoother? were did the 346 come into this topic? I thought this was about the 260 vrs the 361? You cant compare a 260 to any of the Husky Jred line in smoothness.The 361 is a different story it has both the speed and power and smoothness of the Swedish saws! I have no beef with the 260 it's a good saw, in playing with both 2152 and 260 they cut the same except the 2152 is smoother. Now here comes the 361 story I bought a 2159 and muff modded it right away and let my good friend who is a Stihl Head use it he loved it wanted something that was like it so he bought a 361. The 361 pulled as well as the muff modded 2159 out of the box and was as smooth and dare I say the anti vibe did not seem as soft, that mushy feeling you get with a sprung Jred husky. Of course the 361 is the best copy of a Jred husky:) So it's gotta be good?( never ran a 441 that's gotta be a good saw to as far as vibes but it is obese in the rear end lol.)
Vibes are a funny thing I will admit it I get that tingle when I use a saw with no Anti vibe I really never under stood it until I found this sight.:cheers:

Well, you are wrong - it is!

...but personally, I wouldn't hesitate to use a 260 for a few hours - it isn't as bad as Mike Maas have been telling us............ :cheers: :cheers:
+1 it's a good saw but no Jred in smoothness. I think it might be lighter than my 2152? But it has no edge in power!

I am actually going to use the vibe thing on wifey to get myself a 361 or a 441. I had wrist surgery 7 years ago and my ms310 just makes my hands go numb! (It doesnt really but i think that is the only way to get another saw)

I am actually going to use the vibe thing on wifey to get myself a 361 or a 441. I had wrist surgery 7 years ago and my ms310 just makes my hands go numb! (It doesnt really but i think that is the only way to get another saw)

Well, you mights well trade that 310 in, or sell it outright. The 361 and 310 are somewhat similar in cutting speed, very close when 310's muff modded. But, the 361 is quite a bit nicer saw overall, AND LIGHTER. You get a 361, you wont use the 310. Good luck!

Well, you mights well trade that 310 in, or sell it outright. The 361 and 310 are somewhat similar in cutting speed, very close when 310's muff modded. But, the 361 is quite a bit nicer saw overall, AND LIGHTER. You get a 361, you wont use the 310. Good luck!
You know that i know that but, the most important person doesnt! ::agree2:

I have both...

I have both and I really do not see the comments the huge improvement in vibration on the 260 vs 361.

The 361 is heavier and eats way more fuel.

At idle there is definitely more vibration in 260 but when cutting I really do not notice hardly any difference at all.

I use my 260 way, way more then the 361 for what I do which is lots of brushing.

I just like the feel of the 260 better.

I agree the 361 may be marginally smoother but both saws are ery easy to cut with for extended periods without ill affect.

That much? but it is that much smoother? were did the 346 come into this topic? I thought this was about the 260 vrs the 361? You cant compare a 260 to any of the Husky Jred line in smoothness.The 361 is a different story it has both the speed and power and smoothness of the Swedish saws! I have no beef with the 260 it's a good saw, in playing with both 2152 and 260 they cut the same except the 2152 is smoother. Now here comes the 361 story I bought a 2159 and muff modded it right away and let my good friend who is a Stihl Head use it he loved it wanted something that was like it so he bought a 361. The 361 pulled as well as the muff modded 2159 out of the box and was as smooth and dare I say the anti vibe did not seem as soft, that mushy feeling you get with a sprung Jred husky. Of course the 361 is the best copy of a Jred husky:) So it's gotta be good?( never ran a 441 that's gotta be a good saw to as far as vibes but it is obese in the rear end lol.)
Vibes are a funny thing I will admit it I get that tingle when I use a saw with no Anti vibe I really never under stood it until I found this sight.:cheers:

Yep, I get that same mushy feeling with my 2171....the 361 "feels" to have a more solid mount. Both the 2171 and 3159 are good saws though, I know of some nasty 359s.

I didn't care much about vibes either, until I tried a wildthingy, they will shake your filings loose.

Back