Forgive me Father, for I have seriously sinned....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narwhale

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
In the last 15 years, I've bought about 8 chain saws of differenct cheap brands. Craftsmans, Poulan Wild Thing, Eager Beavers, and one good Echo, a CS-4400. All of them died really fast, either needing repairs or would not start
The echo lived thru it all and did a good job. Needed a bigger saw about a year ago, got an Echo cs-670. It does pretty good for it's size. It always starts, reliable as dirt even if it is a bit heavy.
With hurricane Ike coming in, decided (and accountant/wife agreed) it was time for a bigger saw. Looking at the Echo cs-8000 of course. I like and trust Echo to keep living and cutting.
But she said get the last one you will buy for 10 years.
Asked around and found it....
Still can not believe I bought it, but brought home a Stihl MS-660, which had a 32" bar with her.:clap:
Only got one tank thru her yesterday after picking it up, but I REALLY LIKE it. It cuts. It is not as big a I thought it would be, although the bar is a bit long and hence the saw off balance. Closest thing to a "light saber" around trees that may exist.
Never thought a Stihl would be in may saw stable, but it is and it is a good one.
3 saw man now:
1. 40 cc Echo CS-4400 (Baby saw)
2. 60 cc Echo CS-670 (Mama saw)
3. Stihl MS-660 (Papa saw.)
Thanks guys.
Rich S.
SW Houston

Forgive me Father, for I have seriously sinned..

Your faith has healed you.
Go in peace....and sin no more!

Get a 20" bar for it and you'll never use any other saw again.

It is my favorite saw to use. Just a brute. Get a dp on it and port it and you'll just grim from ear to ear.:)

A great choice for the sinner you are, agree with a 24-5 bar, that thing'll cut like an un-hinged fiend!

:cheers:

(we forgive you when millions wouldn't)

Serge

Well now he can't sin again for 10 years, but even after 5 or 6+ years he'll still be smiling, what else can you buy that will do that?

Well now he can't sin again for 10 years, but even after 5 or 6+ years he'll still be smiling, what else can you buy that will do that?

500kg's of blow?

nah, you'd never make it 5-6 years....

500 hookers?

Nah, you'd never make it 5-6 years...

500kegs of a good lager

500 Ferrari 550 Maranellos'..

okay...you got me.:censored:

Nice saw, congrats! :cheers:

I'd also suggest getting a shorter bar, then again, we run a 21" on the 880 more often than not. :D

If you're looking for absolution and a clear conscience, send the saw to me and wash your hands of the whole thing in holy water on your way out.

Seriously though congrats on the new saw!!!!!!!!

There is no law that says you have to have a certain sized saw. The bigger the motor, the quicker the cut. Now have fun and try a different bar and chain combo off eBay, or Craigslist. Look at some gnarly .404, whatever trips your trigger.:clap:

Latest posts

Back