Friday's Speedline Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping a few of you guys would post up some of your speedlining stuff!

Thanks Roger! Aint nothin slow bouta high set speedline huh?

Post up your speedlining pics and vids guys!

jomoco

Way ahead of you Jomoco.

Speedlining multiple branches here. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=114746

Speedlining single branches with multiple slings on the harness and using a skidsteer as dynamic anchor here. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=116610

We used the chipper winch for tensioning the s/l on this cool job..great for lifting/swinging of the low branches that required it....We craned the wood another day. On a couple turns, the ropeman on the GRCS was way too slow letting the control line go...messed up the fluidity. To his credit, his view was a bit blocked by the leyland cypress understory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29EB8MZ0hhk

Last edited:
Another one where tensioning the speed line allowed the loads to zip out. On several, they needed to drop a ways first, due to their position relative to where the s/l was anchored, or to minimize side loading during the cut.

At 3:45 is a new ANSI approved tree entry technique....:givebeer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2nraTStoc

Way ahead of you Jomoco.

Yo, Bro! Wonder if you met my pal Scott Baker, who was in WA just now. His son is in Perth on a college exchange. Scott's one of the few consulting arb's who climbs for diagnosis. Actually, he's done tree work as long as I have, as I'm as old as dirt.

He was looking for locals to rec climb the karri's.....Were you one he found?

Did you guys get that big cottonwood done in 1 or two days Roger?

Nice work!

I have an 84 Toy tooltruck with a 12K warner winch off the back that has anchored many a speedline!

A half million miles and 4 engines so far and I can't part with it, whether it's from sheer utility on the job or sentimental value attached to an inanimate truck, it still goes to work with me just like my boots n saws.

A poor man's Unimog!

jomoco

Did you guys get that big cottonwood done in 1 or two days Roger?

Nice work!

I have an 84 Toy tooltruck with a 12K warner winch off the back that has anchored many a speedline!

A half million miles and 4 engines so far and I can't part with it, whether it's from sheer utility on the job or sentimental value attached to an inanimate truck, it still goes to work with me just like my boots n saws.

A poor man's Unimog!

jomoco

That's my third Toy...the first was a 1990 six banger, which did a moebis flip off a snow bank with me in it...got a new 93 after that, then recently got the white 95...still have the 93.....the 95 has 280 k miles....and about 65 on this motor. Both are the ever reliable 4 banger. I've gotten over 25 mpg occasionally when cruising at 55-65.....

The double c'wood job entitled SherryB was done over 2 days....

The other 2 c'wood job was way larger..took us two days...plus meeting the log truck and trash truck, each of which broke the sidewalk. I had to help and pay the friend to patch it......$400...but the job made us plenty of loot. It was touch and go for the self loader getting the big log out of the hole. He was afraid he'd blow his hydraulic system. The thing was quite massive!

Yup, we git'rdun...... I've worked with three ITCC world champs, a bit.....Cowboy Dave is the fastest removal guy I've ever seen......worked years in the Bay Area...plenty of challenging trees there.....

Last edited:
Yo, Bro! Wonder if you met my pal Scott Baker, who was in WA just now. His son is in Perth on a college exchange. Scott's one of the few consulting arb's who climbs for diagnosis. Actually, he's done tree work as long as I have, as I'm as old as dirt.

He was looking for locals to rec climb the karri's.....Were you one he found?

I was down in Karri country 2 weeks ago with the family! Simply magnificent.

I have not climbed one yet, this trip was a recce run. Going back around Easter with family and friends to take a run at em.

I did not meet your frind but it is possible he met a friend of mine. Ask him if he knows Daan Loock. Daan is a national class climber and holds a dipArb to boot. Daan is my go-to guy when a tree problem is beyond my meagre diagnostic skills. He mentioned climbing karri with some Americans recently so...... ya never know.

Another one where tensioning the speed line allowed the loads to zip out. On several, they needed to drop a ways first, due to their position relative to where the s/l was anchored, or to minimize side loading during the cut.

At 3:45 is a new ANSI approved tree entry technique....:givebeer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2nraTStoc

Interesting ascension technique. You been watching too many P!nk videos rb. :monkey:

I do like the use of the truck. I have not had a job where I could use my own ute that way but the skid steer works almost as well!

That last Roger job and the first JM job look like easy craners. Is it hard to sub a crane out there?

Duh gee whiz TV, paying me 3 bills to get the tree safely on the ground in one day, might be a little more affordable than paying the crane fee for even a half day minimum perhaps?

But thanks for the comparison ole timer!

jomoco

Duh gee whiz TV, paying me 3 bills to get the tree safely on the ground in one day, might be a little more affordable than paying the crane fee for even a half day minimum perhaps?

But thanks for the comparison ole timer!

jomoco

Do that job and another in the same day with the crane....make a few more bucks...buy an 85 yota instead of the 84 you got for a drive around.

How old are you again. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Do that job and another in the same day with the crane....make a few more bucks...buy an 85 yota instead of the 84 you got for a drive around.

How old are you again. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Maybe because I'm not as greedy and spoiled as you are TV?

I don't need no stinkin buckets or cranes see, yeah.

Just me, a good crew, and my Orwellian Toy!

jomoco

Why don't you do the job for free than lol.

I just don't see "dumbing" down on equipment for any reason. On trees like these if a road or drive is in reach get the job done and go do another or go home in the recliner in front of the hd bigscreen, slip the crane op a hundred tip, pay the bill, collect the bone and bye bye.

I have done my share of speed lining when no access but it is a slow labor intensive process compared to craning and hell, at your age, who knows with the extra time involved you might take a spill and fracture that giant swelled head of yours and maybe we lose these precious insights of yours on here.

Got to go out for a while ...tah tah.

It's simple TV, you're a bucketboy, and I'm not. I prefer to climb because I enjoy it.

IMG_1477.jpg

jomoco

Last edited:
Maybe when you get to be my age and have remotely the climbing experience I have you might decide to buy a bucket instead of spiking (er I mean climbing) everything and then start making some real money. I probably climb more than you do on your monthly posted jobs now anyway.

Don't worry tv, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE THE THE GREATEST WISEST MOST EXPERIENCED CERTIFIED CREDENTIALED ARBORIST EVER!

I'm just a mediocre climber toolin around in an antique toy, well aware that I really know very little about trees in general.

jomoco

Don't worry tv, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE THE THE GREATEST WISEST MOST EXPERIENCED CERTIFIED CREDENTIALED ARBORIST EVER!

I'm just a mediocre climber toolin around in an antique toy, well aware that I really know very little about trees in general.

jomoco

do I detect a little sarcasm in that post?:monkey:

Latest posts

Back