going bigger. ms460 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its as relevant as your hypothetical why not ask if Dolmar sold as many 7900s as Stihl does 460s and Stihl sold only as many 460s as Dolmar does 7900s and what if Dolamar had Stihls product support and Stihl had Dolmars......... If ya want a 7900 Go get one its all good I bought and old out dated heavy 056 super cause I wanted one and after holidays want to track down an 076 cause I want one. Lotta info about 076's so prolly wont need a thread to make this "Crucial" decision for a saw that may cut 20 hours a year.T heres tons of 7900 info as well go get one. Ive ran solos huskies Stihls and other saws. Buy what you want and like but at 100 hrs of sawing for a hobby saw wow lotta drama. I would never ding some one for buying any saw wether a 180 to a 3120 Just start a thread got the new 7900 and everybody will be repin ya with new saw rep and and congarts for new saw regardless of their preferred brand.

i do think you read a bit much in to my question. i never said nor implyed comparable sales.
i only wanted to take the dealer support and price out of the equation.

example: lets say i want a new camaro or mustang.
the last thing anyone would suggest is that i need a dealership nearby to service one of them. and to the chevy/ford fanboys a few thou difference in price is no object anyway.

your right. with the low hour use it won't matter. you are also right about the drama. i only wanted insight and opinions regarding a few simple machines. in the end i will buy something and it will be 'all good'.:)
:cheers:

i do think you read a bit much in to my question. i never said nor implyed comparable sales.
i only wanted to take the dealer support and price out of the equation.

example: lets say i want a new camaro or mustang.
the last thing anyone would suggest is that i need a dealership nearby to service one of them. and to the chevy/ford fanboys a few thou difference in price is no object anyway.

your right. with the low hour use it won't matter. you are also right about the drama. i only wanted insight and opinions regarding a few simple machines. in the end i will buy something and it will be 'all good'.:)

Bad example there Volk. The last thing I would do is buy a car, especially a new one, that had no dealers nearby to take care of the warranty. Where I bought my truck (Ram)the dealer is only 5 minutes from where I work, thats exactly why I bought it from that dealer. My car (Chevy) is same deal, dealer is 5 minutes from work. Both have had to go in the shop for warranty problems and I'm glad I bought them as close by as possible.

Bad example there Volk. The last thing I would do is buy a car, especially a new one, that had no dealers nearby to take care of the warranty. Where I bought my truck (Ram)the dealer is only 5 minutes from where I work, thats exactly why I bought it from that dealer. My car (Chevy) is same deal, dealer is 5 minutes from work. Both have had to go in the shop for warranty problems and I'm glad I bought them as close by as possible.

Champ,

Tell us again about the lovely young lady that wanted a 290 for the really, really hard wood that you upsold to a 310.

Joat

I agree if I bought a Dodge or even a Chevy product I'd want the dealer in my back yard. Theres a reason Chrysler and Chevy are looking for money, more dealer support to do warranty work:cheers: BTW this is sorta a joke so please keep that in mind before you decide that Silo needs opened again:greenchainsaw:

I agree if I bought a Dodge or even a Chevy product I'd want the dealer in my back yard. Theres a reason Chrysler and Chevy are looking for money, more dealer support to do warranty work:cheers: BTW this is sorta a joke so please keep that in mind before you decide that Silo needs opened again:greenchainsaw:

I know whatcha mean. Won't open the silo on that one. Point I was making though is like this. My brother works at a car dealership and they get cars in from all over. Guess what, their customers who bought cars from them get worked on first. The ones bought elsewhere, they get worked on dead last, thats the policy and I agree with it 100%. Unlike my saws I don't have extra cars and trucks so I want my dealer that I bought from close as possible.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dayummmmmmmmmm Joat

I was just handed a envelope. From Stihl. Its new pricing to take effect
12/29/08. MS460/20 inch $889.95. Hmmmmmmmmmm should I remove the
old price tag or should I have some fun like I been doing with the blowers,LOLOLOLOL

(Sir it lists for 889.95 but for you 849.95. But the tag says 849.95, thats right,LOLOLOL)

Last edited:
I was just handed a envelope. From Stihl. Its new pricing to take effect
12/29/08. MS460/20 inch $889.95. Hmmmmmmmmmm should I remove the
old price tag or should I have some fun like I been doing with the blowers,LOLOLOLOL

(Sir it lists for 889.95 but for you 849.95. But the tag says 849.95, thats right,LOLOLOL)

you should hand them back an envelope with message that states:
dear sir,
you have just effectively reduced sales of the 460 again.;)

you know i am not the only 'idiot' to ever look at a price tag.

you should hand them back an envelope with message that states:
dear sir,
you have just effectively reduced sales of the 460 again.;)

you know i am not the only 'idiot' to ever look at a price tag.

LOL, now why ya say that. If you sell something and someone offers you 200.00 for it and someone else offers you 150.00 who you gonna sell to, your gonna sell it to the man offering 200.00 aren't ya?

Stihl doesn't have to undercut the competition to sell.

here's a likely scenario:
guy A says: i'm thinking of buying a pony car. either a mustang or a camaro.
guy B says: get the camaro! you know, because there is a chevy dealer down the street in case you need warranty service!:dizzy:

not that warranty service is unimportant.....
but, it would be the last thing you would here if you asked about two cars.

btw: i went to my closest stihl dealer this morning. i bought an 18" es bar and a loop of chain for my 361. $71.00 and he said there was no 8 pin rim for the 361. i asked what he coiuld do for a 460 and he said whatever was on the tag, $879.00. i later called the other dealer, i bought the 361 from, and they did not have a 460 in stock.

guy B says: get the camaro! you know, because there is a chevy dealer down the street in case you need warranty service!:dizzy:

btw: i went to my closest stihl dealer this morning. i bought an 18" es bar and a loop of chain for my 361. $71.00 and he said there was no 8 pin rim for the 361. i asked what he coiuld do for a 460 and he said whatever was on the tag, $879.00. i later called the other dealer, i bought the 361 from, and they did not have a 460 in stock.

Buy a VW and you wont need that warranty!

You guys are going to have to change your ways and buy cars that do more than teens to the gallon!

Here's one for you Volk. Man comes in awhile ago with a TS800 Stihl concrete saw. Has a buddy with him. Rope broke on it. He asks can you fix this for me. I go sure, notta problem. I'm fixing his rope and he goes we got a Partner saw out on the truck too that isn't running right, can you take a look at that. I go nope, I don't fool with those mainly because if it needs a part of any kind I don't have any. He goes I understand. His buddy goes see I told you you should have never bought that fu-cking thing. The guy goes well I didn't know it was gonna be a pain in azz to get it worked on,LOL

I was nice enuff to tell them there was a Partner dealer way over in Warrenton. They both go screw that, we'll get rid of it first chance we get and buy another Stihl. Hearing that I didn't charge him for fixing his rope, only charged him for the new rope itself.

So tell me Volk why didn't you go ahead and get the 460, was it because the man said no discount and if so you should have explained to him why you are
deserving of one. You may have got a break.

Also a 8 pin on a 361 forwhat, only going to gain chain speed and lose torque. Speed for twigs, no power in big wood.

Seems to me your nitpicking those dealers on what they charge and what they have in stock and what they know yet you aren't willing to pay them their price so really you shouldn't be talking about them at all.

Far as the car thing yes its very smart to buy local. Seems your only concern is price. I say be that way, my car will be getting fixed while yours is outside sitting there behind everyone else,LOLOL

Buy a VW and you wont need that warranty!

You guys are going to have to change your ways and buy cars that do more than teens to the gallon!

sheesh! i thought my username was obvious!!!:)
i have owned many vws. they still have their fair share of problems.

i own a ford that gets 30-33 mpg on the highway dependng on whether or not i filled up with pure gas or gas+ethanol. not all of us 'mericans drive hummers!:dizzy:

you help prove my point though. you looked at a fuel ecomomy when presented with the choice of mustang or camaro.

sheesh! i thought my username was obvious!!!:)
i have owned many vws. they still have their fair share of problems.

i own a ford that gets 30-33 mpg on the highway dependng on whether or not i filled up with pure gas or gas+ethanol. not all of us 'mericans drive hummers!:dizzy:

you help prove my point though. you looked at a fuel ecomomy when presented with the choice of mustang or camaro.

To my untrained UK eye it would be the Mustang theres one in Inverness where i live and it looks and sounds awsome!

VW Bora 150 hp TDI 6 speed 0-60 in under 8 top book speed of 134 mph out of a 1.9 L engine 37 mile run average of 60 mpg:cheers:
boraspeedo.jpg

Here's one for you Volk. Man comes in awhile ago with a TS800 Stihl concrete saw. Has a buddy with him. Rope broke on it. He asks can you fix this for me. I go sure, notta problem. I'm fixing his rope and he goes we got a Partner saw out on the truck too that isn't running right, can you take a look at that. I go nope, I don't fool with those mainly because if it needs a part of any kind I don't have any. He goes I understand. His buddy goes see I told you you should have never bought that fu-cking thing. The guy goes well I didn't know it was gonna be a pain in azz to get it worked on,LOL

I was nice enuff to tell them there was a Partner dealer way over in Warrenton. They both go screw that, we'll get rid of it first chance we get and buy another Stihl. Hearing that I didn't charge him for fixing his rope, only charged him for the new rope itself.

So tell me Volk why didn't you go ahead and get the 460, was it because the man said no discount and if so you should have explained to him why you are
deserving of one. You may have got a break.

Also a 8 pin on a 361 forwhat, only going to gain chain speed and lose torque. Speed for twigs, no power in big wood.

Seems to me your nitpicking those dealers on what they charge and what they have in stock and what they know yet you aren't willing to pay them their price so really you shouldn't be talking about them at all.

Far as the car thing yes its very smart to buy local. Seems your only concern is price. I say be that way, my car will be getting fixed while yours is outside sitting there behind everyone else,LOLOL

Hey Thall if he comes into your shop asking for 8 pin rims are you going to say no way? or take his cash and give the rims.

I think i know the answer lol the clue was in the word cash!

Latest posts

Back