Good 32:1 oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That shouldn't harm you much it's a solid chunk. It's normall the small amounts that get absorbed through the skin, but mostly what you ingest that causes poisoning.

Motul 800 has really high film strength and a high flashpoint. 40:1 is overkill in a saw let alone 32:1 won't cause damage, but it will robb some power and not burn completely. It's a phenomenal product though.

Yeah you're probably right really I was at 40 for ages might go back again

Hotsaws101 on you tube mogul 800 for modified saws, betray full synthetic for stock saws. He’s posted oil info on you tube.
I'm not a fan of that goof, wouldn't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. BellRay H1R may protect even better than 800, but robs power because it inhibits combustion worse than most any other oil I've used.

To add to this “oil” thread. I was running Castor 927. Went away from it cause I noticed buildup. Running the K2 now but man loved the smell of the 927.

I read that Klotz R50 is also an ester synthetic like K2 but has something added to make it smell good. Is that true? That would mean it should burn clean like K2 but have nice smell??

That 927 just brings back dirt bike memories.

Castro= excellent film strength but it causes buildup every time. That is not an issue if its a race bike (or saw) and gets disassembled frequently. For a work saw Castro is not a wise idea..... unless you (as said) take it apart often to clean.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

To add to this “oil” thread. I was running Castor 927. Went away from it cause I noticed buildup. Running the K2 now but man loved the smell of the 927.

I read that Klotz R50 is also an ester synthetic like K2 but has something added to make it smell good. Is that true? That would mean it should burn clean like K2 but have nice smell??

That 927 just brings back dirt bike memories.
R50 smells very unique, but nothing like oil with castor, and it burns much much dirtier than K2. I ran R50 for quite a few years. It does have amazing film strength though. I like the way K2 smells, which really isn't all that much. I found oils that have that kool good smell, will make you sick if in large quantities when making long cuts.

Castro= excellent film strength but it causes buildup every time. That is not an issue if its a race bike (or saw) and gets disassembled frequently. For a work saw Castro is not a wise idea..... unless you (as said) take it apart often to clean.

Castor oil also causes rust and some of them fall out of suspension in colder weather.

R50 smells very unique, but nothing like oil with castor, and it burns much much dirtier than K2. I ran R50 for quite a few years. It does have amazing film strength though. I like the way K2 smells, which really isn't all that much. I found oils that have that kool good smell, will make you sick if in large quantities when making long cuts.

Gotta hold your breath some times:)

Good to know! Thank you. I will be sticking with K2. I just got in a new 2 quart bottle so it will take quite a long time for me to get through that.

That’s what I noticed, I don’t run my saws on the ragged edge so they are a wee bit rich and I noticed my saws getting what seemed to me to be excessive buildup for the amount of run time they had. So I made the switch to K2

Hotsaws101 on you tube mogul 800 for modified saws, betray full synthetic for stock saws. He’s posted oil info on you tube.

I have switched to motul 800 (on the ported saws) because of carbon buildup issues with husky oil.

After I get this carbon off I’ll see how motul treats me.

How about opti 2, I’m reading it’s multi ratio...not sure what that means. I mean if you tune to a certain mix ratio, couldn’t it pretty much all be considered multi grade? It seems kind of sketchy to think that you could put one little container in with a gallon and it’s good for 32::1, 16:1, 40:1...whatever.

Back