Good 32:1 oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree but I still use AV fuel. Lots of stuff I’d rather not breath on this earth but it still happens unfortunately. I’d like to see a study done on the actual particles one might breath in from
Exhaust running AV fuel. I don’t see it being that much personally but I’m not scientist

I grew up on a air force base where I did not have to pay for my aviation fuel. I did try to mix it with pump gas and yes it worked fine even with the timing set very far advanced, but I liked it most because it was cheap. We had three tanks up to 160 octane. To this day I never had anything that needed 160 octane. The old civil patrol Piper I flew could run on 65 octane and be happy I think. My neighbor always thought the 160 was the E-ticket until he destroyed a new engine with the 160 stuff and never touched the stuff again. When the engine was torn down it was coated in good old fashioned lead. Or in other words aviation fuel is made for airplanes not chain saws. I believe if anything breathing lead fumes could be harmful. Thanks

Lead ingested through breathing combustion fumes is known to lead to lead accumulation in the body since the 60's. No amount of lead in the body is harmless and the stuff accumulates in your bones and teeth where it stays for decades. I wouldnt dream of using leaded fuel in O P E on a regular basis.
With that said I do still use Avgas in a heavily modified Yamaha Banshee that absolutely needs high octane fuel like avgas. I go through enough fuel in this motor that no lead race fuel is cost prohibitive. I try to avoid smelling the exhaust at all cost.

Lead ingested through. Breathing combustion fumes is known to lead to lead accumulation in the body since the 60's. No amount of lead in the body is harmless and the stuff accumulates in your bones and teeth where it stays for decades. I wouldnt dream of using leaded fuel in O P E on a regular basis.
With that said I do still use Avgas in a heavily modified Yamaha Banshee that absolutely needs high octane fuel like avgas. I go through enough fuel in this motor that no lead race fuel is cost prohibitive. I try to avoid smelling the exhaust at all cost.

Buy a drum of 110 Trick and mix it with pump. Never had any issues with it just had to dip in my wallet a bit. Thanks

'
I'm not a fan of that goof, wouldn't trust a word that comes out of his mouth. BellRay H1R may protect even better than 800, but robs power because it inhibits combustion worse than most any other oil I've used.
Goof is right.
And when I first me toned this about H1R years ago the tribal knowledge of the forum was it was the best stuff ever. It's not for a chainsaw and neither is 800 or R50.

And totally legal in MT save the exhaust DB levels..View attachment 769632
That things pretty awesome. I always wondered about the risk of riding on top of a bomb, it makes you think about the design of motorcycles/atvs and why the foot pegs are placed wayyy back on something that has the potential to throw shrapnel. You all have some good advise, think I’m going to get a graduated cylinder or one of those self dispensing bottles of red armor/Tanaka something like that and just do .5 gallon directly into the tank.

Latest posts

Back