Got me a big saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock:
Ya gotta start somewhere. When I hear big saw I figure 90cc+. Keep us posted on how you like the 445. I figure you'll feel drunk with power compared to the smaller saw!

Will let you guys know how it does. I should be picki.g it up this morning from the shop.

I am very excited.
And its 56cc not 50cc hahaha one day i will get a 75cc or bigger saw.

:rock:

Will let you guys know how it does. I should be picki.g it up this morning from the shop.

I am very excited.
And its 56cc not 50cc hahaha one day i will get a 75cc or bigger saw.

I hope this don't ruin your day but the 445 is 45.7cc's. Double the cc's and double the weight and you will be in the big saw club. I think you really need to find someone close to you that has a big saw. You will wet your pants. After running a 45cc saw. Especially a ported big saw.:)

My mistake i got the 455 rancher not the 445.
The 455 has 55.5 cc
sorry about the mix up still new to all the model names and stuff.
Will post a picture today so you know it happened haha

Only one saw say it aint so.

well I have got 2 now and I'm only 21 so I got plenty of time to get a nice collection like some you you guys:msp_biggrin:

Question should i clean my air filter or replace it? I took the air filter out of my 235e yesterday and cleaned it with a soft brush but is it ok to use water on it?
I made the mistake as a young boy of watering down a mower filter and i trashed it. Dad made me use my money from mowing to buy a new filter......

455 rancher

I bought my son a 455 rancher 8 years ago, no problems of any kind. Cafo1.618 where in missouri are you from. Good Luck Steve.

Just talked to the shop and apparently their tech didn't come in today and won't be in until Monday.:msp_scared:
They told me yesterday it would be done this morning.
If you don't have your word what do you have?
Looks like its gonna be a boring weekend after all:msp_sleep:

Giant disappointment is a giant disappointment.

-19= 18... I may not know a whole lot or half as much as these guys but trust me. This 455 you got is infested with CAD.
When i started dad had a poulan pro (which i blew up.) He then got a Dolmar ps-510 which got me hooked into this CAD crap. Ever since i got CAD i have aquired over 30 different chainsaw including 6 cubers. Once the power of the 455 gets old youll just keep moving up!

All im really saying is YOUR STUCK NOW!!!!!
:msp_w00t::msp_w00t:

-19= 18... I may not know a whole lot or half as much as these guys but trust me. This 455 you got is infested with CAD.
When i started dad had a poulan pro (which i blew up.) He then got a Dolmar ps-510 which got me hooked into this CAD crap. Ever since i got CAD i have aquired over 30 different chainsaw including 6 cubers. Once the power of the 455 gets old youll just keep moving up!

All im really saying is YOUR STUCK NOW!!!!!
:msp_w00t::msp_w00t:

Whats CAD? lol chainsaw ????? disorder
If so your right I am already looking for another saw to have to play around with and maybe port or something lol.

Whats CAD? lol chainsaw ????? disorder
If so your right I am already looking for another saw to have to play around with and maybe port or something lol.

Chainsaw Addiction Deficiency-

Also known as CAD, CAD is highly contagious.
It is know to most commonly spread over people who have a Love for chainsaws, The most common symptoms are the following...

Scrounging Pawn shops, yard sales, local dealers, and other places for chainsaws
Feverishly sweating, shaking, and or dizzyness when looking at or thinking about a 6 cube chainsaw.
When looking at a number/ time and see a model number of a chainsaw you instantly start thinking about that certain chainsaw. Example (Time- 3:46, Husky 346xp/ Gas price- $3.72, Husky 372xp)
Dreaming
being a member on Arboristsite
Wearing chainsaw apperal.

And many many more...

Chainsaw Addiction Deficiency-

Also known as CAD, CAD is highly contagious.
It is know to most commonly spread over people who have a Love for chainsaws, The most common symptoms are the following...

Scrounging Pawn shops, yard sales, local dealers, and other places for chainsaws
Feverishly sweating, shaking, and or dizzyness when looking at or thinking about a 6 cube chainsaw.
When looking at a number/ time and see a model number of a chainsaw you instantly start thinking about that certain chainsaw. Example (Time- 3:46, Husky 346xp/ Gas price- $3.72, Husky 372xp)
Dreaming
being a member on Arboristsite
Wearing chainsaw apperal.

And many many more...

Well i think i got it then....I'm going to pick up a 30cc craftsman for $20 later today haha. I found it on craigslist.

Kids:msp_rolleyes::popcorn:

I had to ask also what CAD was. I'd had it for years and didnt know it:) Kind of a sickness really, but I'm better now!

Last edited:
Back