Group buy?? Lets get one going.... Bars anyone, chain maybe...what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Retail rules say that the more I buy, the cheaper they are... how many are getting that back through the price they pay.. in savings to you?

Lets do a group buy of something! The savings goes directly to you and I'm not putting it in my pocket on your back.

Pick something like Total Bars in 25" length, Stihl mount, .050 3/8 bar. Pretty common for any Stihl over 70cc's. Retail on that bar is $69 and for ordering 5+ bars, I save $5 off the price, so that makes it $64 without shipping. If I buy $200 worth in Oregon products I get free shipping and I can ship a single bar pretty cheap, but they don't drop ship the bar to you, only one address can receive the order. Then, break up the order and re-ship.

Say we buy 100 bars and receive free shipping and receive a HUGE discount for the order, you save $25 in the cost of the bar. That would be a good deal in my book. I used the Total bar as an example of what we may be able to do as a group.

Lets figure out what you guys want and do a group buy, I'm all ears! There are thousands of members here, should be able to do something like this... and I can even bust it up, 20@25", 20@20", 20@18" and the savings is passed directly to you!
I have access to almost anything you can think of to fix a saw.

Oh, and I can do way better on those Total bars then that!

I don't give a rat's backside what it is, I'm in if it's a deal.

I tried to get something like this going ages ago but various 'alternately interested' parties made sure it didn't happen.

There'll be the usual suspects rabbiting on about 'here by the grace of the site sponsors post us', and I'm not totally unsympathetic to that argument, but hell yes, if there is a well discounted group buy option, I'm in.

Total bars: err, I think I have all the Tsumuras I'm going to need for a while but if anyone can find solid 0.05 3/8LP sprocket nose bars of quality 18+", I could be tempted.

Grinders: automatic 12v please, like the Markusson grindomatic or perhaps the Logosol variant. Failing that then the tecomec/oregon hydraulic assist. CBN/ABN/ABC/XYZ grinding disks too please.

Chain: I still can't find a way to get mine out of the USA warehouse without having to re-mortgage the house, after the disaster of dealing with a supplier of other gear that left me stranded with just chain to ship out of USA. But yes, if anyone can get Stihl chain at a good rate, then count me in.

Saws: Anyone in UK able to get the MS241c? Mine's so good I would like another.

Lawn tractors- we call 'em ride-on lawnmowers here: 42", 2 or 3 spindle, budget model (I'll make my own beer cooler for it).

Compact tractors - Kubota bx26 or 70D with 54" mid mount mower, loader, w or w/out back hoe.

Amsteel blue or some other sk-75 fibred rope: 1/2" and 3/4" rolls

Lewis winch

Wedges: 8" and above.

And for the love of Jesus, a decent set of euro hitch pallet forks with log grab.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Be interested in a quote on some common total bars in some husky mounts...18,20,24...I'd think you could move a lot of them if price is right.

Let's see how this works

I think we might save a little... here is my reasoning.
buy a large quantity and get some sort of price break, figure the shipping to one location is cheap. Okay, now calculate what the cost per unit and shipping to end user. mark that up about 2% to cover packaging, etc. Might still make a pretty decent deal.

Where we save is a slightly better deal from the manufacturer/distributer. And the middle man doesn't mark it up much.

Some more Oregon parts group order ideas...

I'd be in on a buy of 70DL, 81DL, 84DL, 92DL, 93DL, or 105DL Oregon 72LGX/LPX (or JGX in the longer lengths) loops. Same with 52DL and 56DL 3/8LP-.050G non-safety chain loops. Maybe other loops as well.

Then there's rolls (or partial rolls) of Oregon fuel line. .117-.211, 3/16-5/16, 1/8-3/16, etc. Also fuel filters, K10-SDC carb kits, K10-WAT carb kits, DG-5HL carb kits, Mac 10-series and Homelite SXL molded fuel lines, chain spinners, Homelite 69451 duckbill valves, Poulan XXV air filters, and...... :msp_thumbup:

What about a GB on that fancy seal removal tool that stihl has? Well maybe not the stihl one, but do some digging and find out who makes it and see how much we can get them for. My dealer wants $200 and I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger. I know its a long shot but hey what the hell.....

Back