GTG Kingston N.Y. Jan 27th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warning you right now ...better keep it zipped !!!and what are you bringin to eat ???:jester:see ya tomally

What are we bringing to eat? I can only speak for myself, but of course we start with the requisite varietel donut course from the Donut Man doughnot emporian in Hadley, Ma. and then we progress to the smoked Bratwurst resting on a bed of imported German red cabbage and saurkraut. The dessert course is a chilled selection of malted beveraged from the Paper City Brewing Company.

Awesome time today, thanks for all the fun Jimmy. Spike, thanks for all the parts, my buddy was super happy to here the 372 is alive again. I think that now that my lil buddy has run some saws and met you guys, he'll actually start posting on here. Jimmy once again, it was awesome day. I forgot to try some of CT's non-fiskars mauls, maybe next time. THANKS FOR A GREAT DAY, Matt

We had a great time aswell. Jim was a great host and the saws all ran great. Now its time to sharpen some chains. thanks again everyone.

I had a blast but am now exhausted between getting up at 5, all the driving etc.

ST i have some photos on my phone but I'll put them up tomorrow.

Tremendous thanks to Jimmy for hosting. Great setting. Next time I'll come the night before and sleep on the shop floor with a sleeping bag since it's so comfy.

Nice chatting, meeting new people and catching up with those I already knew.

Yeah we were there for hours and i never took one picture......:dizzy: chucker popped the cherry on his 394.

I must say, Im a diehard Husqvarna guy, but man there was this one 066 there that was just wicked mean. Thank god, Spike60 broke out that MasterMind 390xp to get me back on track. That 660 was one wicked Stihl, I would have liked to see the 390xp and the 660 attack the same log, one right after the other. You guys with the piped Stihls, nice collection of nice german hardware. My buddy is in love with your 090 "Holy Grail of Stihl saws" I must have heard that 100 times on the drive home.

missed by a day

Just joined the forum today. I am less tha 2 hours from Kingston, actually camp in Phoenicia. would of been nice to meet some of you all.

you can see the scorn on this horses face though for being fed dinner at 8:30...

WeM0EM5l.jpg

for real i dont know who could put up with these things full time.

[for background im watching over some horses]

I really enjoyed this one. And only a 20 minute ride home. :msp_biggrin: Great to catch up with friends and make some new ones. For all the positives we had, it was made ideal by two things we didn't have: mud or wind. Just a great day. No reason to think that GTG's can only be done during the nice weather months.

I brought a truck load of saws, but the two that everybody kept asking to run were the 562 that was done Terry and the 390 that Randy did. The only thing they do quicker than cut wood is put a grin on your face. Unnoticed by most was the "battle of the 254XP's" between me and Joel. Two ugly saws that were both built back from the dead. Both were hooked up and it was too close to pick a winner. But the one that got me was TK's 550XP. 20+ tanks of fuel, a good muff mod and 3/8 chain, and this thing was just sailing through the wood. I've been VERY happy and impressed with mine, (about 10 tanks and .325), but TK's was a couple or three rungs up the ladder from where mine is. Talk about hooked up.

The hard cider that CTYank brought was a nice punctuation on the afternoon. He was the only one there who I had yet to meet and it was a pleasure. Thanks for opening my eyes to that 40cc Red Max I've been ignoring. :msp_wink:

After throwing a couple hundred thousand chips, we went into Jimmy's warm shop for chow and I had the thought that these events have grown to be about more than just saws. Lot's of great people here and it's fun to just hang out and visit.

Got the saws put away, got the woodstove cranking, and ready to relax. So.................when's the next one???????????????????:msp_biggrin:

What....no pics.....you guys know the rulz.
Looks like I'll have to attend the next one just for documentation.....geeze.

I attended an impromptu GTG this morning and I TOOK PICS.

Due to the lack of photos in this thread, I will add some here....

Ported 660
_MG_1271.jpg

Christine getting handled by a complete stranger. Guy says "now THATS a saw"...:msp_wink:
_MG_1264.jpg

My old 346 nmurph edition. Stihlonlynow on the handles.
_MG_1260.jpg

_MG_1268.jpg

Sorry for the hijack guys.....

Whoa, wait a minute. If you had takin the ride down, you wouldn't be asking about pics, now would ya?

Give my love to Christine. :msp_sneaky:

Pics 'll be up tomorrow!

what a great day !!!!thanks to everybody that brought food or tossed in some $ . hope everybody got enough to eat /cut or split . being the host kept my finger off the trigger as much as I woulda liked ,but thats ok , got to talk with everybody and meet a couple new guys . they say 3rd time is the charm , this was my 3rd time hosting a GTG here and had the best turn out ,, perfect size group . guess its gonna be an annual event ,seeya all next year Cheers jimmy

what a great day !!!!thanks to everybody that brought food or tossed in some $ . hope everybody got enough to eat /cut or split . being the host kept my finger off the trigger as much as I woulda liked ,but thats ok , got to talk with everybody and meet a couple new guys . they say 3rd time is the charm , this was my 3rd time hosting a GTG here and had the best turn out ,, perfect size group . guess its gonna be an annual event ,seeya all next year Cheers jimmy

Ill be there!:msp_biggrin:

Whoa, wait a minute. If you had takin the ride down, you wouldn't be asking about pics, now would ya?

Give my love to Christine. :msp_sneaky:

Pics 'll be up tomorrow!

Sorry I couldnt make this one Bob. I'm hopin to hit the next one. Maybe Scott needs some firewood cut?? LOL

I'll give Christine a hug for ya

Back