Had a bad weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rancher2

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This is kind of a fire wood thread. I have a cat 942-B track loader that we use a lot to deal with cutting hedge fire wood. It is kept most of the time at another farm we have that is 12 miles from where we live. It needed a service and a few minor things fixed so last weekend I hauled it home and starting friday I serviced it and did the repairs. A old guy from down the road stopped by and asked if I would clean a small "DRY" pond out while I had the track loader home. Sat came and I drove the cat over and started cleaning the pond then seven hours in to the job I got stuck. My 100 HP tractor and his 75 Hp tractor couldn't get me out. Called the tow truck and $150.00 later I was out. Keep digging until dark. Started a daylight today then after lunch it went real bad. Went up on the dam to smooth the dirt down I had been hauling up there and the bank gave away and dumped me over. Thank to the roll cage I only got a bump on the head. Called the tow truck again and $150.00 later again I was up and running. I will wait to finish the job.

Getting a dozer stuck is no fun. Had a local guy stick his HD 11 several years back. Took an 8650 4wd plus the companies excavator get to get him out. Glad you did not get more than a few bumps.

Latest posts

Back