Help build Tanaka's new top handle saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTU

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
Tanaka is currently working on a new pro 32cc top handle saw. I have seen some early concept drawings and this is one cool looking saw!

However, we want to make sure we get it right. Let us know what you want to see in this new saw (must haves / like to haves / "I would buy this saw if it ____ better than any other top handle saw on the market" etc.)

Thanks

-MW

A Tanaka dealer within 50 miles of me would help. I didnt know they made chainsaws.

I would copy the Stihl MS200T, the best top handle saw I have used

Good power to weight ratio better than a 200t Stihl, drop resistant, quick accelerating, simple design, easy to work on, nice loop for lanyard, inboard clutch, quick easy air filter access.

Better balance and feel than a 200t, I think it feels like holding onto a brick myself!
Durable, solid and DURABLE!!!
Enough power to run a 16" bar, it's nice to have the reach.
Easy to use controls, that WILL NOT be in the way, and WILL NOT be getting hit all the time!! (This is HUGE!!!)
If it's built solid, runs strong, and the on/off switch isn't put in a place where it's in the way all the time, you can ask about anything you want for it! But yeah, less than the 200t is a good place to get the word out!

EDIT: Can you make it so it's kinda servicable?

Diesel ! Diesel ! Diesel ! Diesel !

or

a 70cc v twin !

Last edited:
Tanaka's top handle saws

Hi,
Tanaka is currently working on a new pro 32cc top handle saw. I have seen some early concept drawings and this is one cool looking saw!

However, we want to make sure we get it right. Let us know what you want to see in this new saw (must haves / like to haves / "I would buy this saw if it ____ better than any other top handle saw on the market" etc.)

Thanks

-MW

We had a Tanaka top handle saw for years. The price was right when bought new.
The only things that come to mind;
would be a better muffler guard, they always get broken bashing around in the trees.
A spot were you can tye it on a rope.
I have no complaints, great product

Hi,

Thanks

-MW

Hi Mark, It should be a very easy starting saw. One note on Dolmar's new top handle is that they have set the ignition so the saw will fire at a slow revolution of the flywheel thereby making starting a breeze. Balance and ease of chain tightening. The grip like they use on new power tools would be great like on my Hitachi cordless drill. Large diameter oil cap with retainers so you don't misplace them. Thanks for all your help. Been to our site lately. Tony

More power, more power, more power. Also more power.

Less weight and more power. Also, more power.

I do not know any companies or people who use Tanaka equipment.

The few that have tried them were disappointed with the performance.

Professionals will pay for and demand a high level of performance.

The bar is set at 200T anything less has been and is currently built by Husky and Echo, why bother competing with them. They saturate the $200-350.00 market and are available almost anywhere.

A better air filter, less fragile on off switch than the Husky 338.
Better cold manners than a Stihl 200, (since they seem to have fixed the carb problem, I will not mention that, I just have to get a new carb for my 200).
A variable timed ignition with a really good timing advance curve. Lots of piston skirt width, for better wear and more room to port. Make the piston squish clearance about .018 plus the thickness of the base gasket.
A good solid place to mount lanyard. No flip up sheet metal eyes or steel rings that slide up the handle.

Mini Climbing Saw

Hi,
Something like this? It is 28cc and has a 10" b/c

-MW

Hi,
Something like this? It is 28cc and has a 10" b/c

-MW

I think a 12" would be minimum for a saw like that, and do you have a picture of the on/off and choke controls? The controls are a HUGE thing on this saw!!!
But it's looking good so far!

Tanaka TCS-2801

I think a 12" would be minimum for a saw like that, and do you have a picture of the on/off and choke controls? The controls are a HUGE thing on this saw!!!
But it's looking good so far!

Hi,
I think it can handle a 12" b/c. Here is a sneak peak at our new 32cc top handle that will be produced in July....

-MW

Hi,
I think it can handle a 12" b/c. Here is a sneak peak at our new 32cc top handle that will be produced in July....

-MW

So, those photos are what you call early concept drawings? The saw you're asking for input on will be produced in July?

Are you really asking for input, or are you just plugging a new saw? Your first post sounds as if the saw is still in early development, but your last one sounds as if it's about ready to be released.

Hi,

-MW

These are drawings Space.

It looks nice, the controls look like they are in great locations!!! The on/off switch is in a easy to reach place, but shouldn't get bumped!

Latest posts

Back