Help ID old Homelite bow saw. Maybe a Wiz 55?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefarmboy21

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recently a told my wife to have my mother in law keep an eye out for old and/or broken down saws. We live in southern Ohio and she lives in Conway SC about 30 minutes from myrtle beach. She always seems to find me some really cool stuff down there. They've got some connections at a recycling center, they go and "pick" old barns/farms and she works for some Drs and lawyers. So anytime she comes to visit she brings me old car parts, Briggs engines or old farm furniture. ANYWAY she texted my wife with her finds today and I need some help identifying what it is. I think it's either a Wiz 55 or a Super Wiz 55. I can't really find much info on them like I can most of the other old homies. Like what years certain things changed etc. I've looked at tons of pics, and none seem to be totall identical. Here's some pics:

Notice the red dot on the side cover, the black (instead of matching blue) gas cap, the bow appears to have been red and the black handlebar. Most of the pictures I've found they have blue caps and bare aluminum handlebars. So my best guess is that it's middle of the run, between the original blue and white 55's and the later red and black 55's. OR maybe it's not even a 55? Anyway, just trying to get a better idea of the year and model. It should be here when she comes in early November, along with the not so vintage Mac and a Shindaiwa 350.....and hopefully she'll run across a Stihl 090 somewhere haha.

Back