Help....which should I get Stihl 460 or 660 $50 difference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozhoo, I never realized that great observation, well let’s see what he (the seller) says, I just sent him a text and asked if they are Chinese knock offs.

Here's one of my 99.2% aftermarket 440's for comparison. As long as you know what you're getting and pay a fair price (which those ain't).

20170204_144442.jpg

There are all kinds of ads in ohio for new saws that are all knockoff saws. In general if it is a clean saw at a good price it is a knock off. Craigslist is littered with them around any large city, that is the first hint.

Be wary of any 360, 361, 440, 460, 660, 070, 090 and any 365/372. There are some honest sellers and there are some dishonest sellers. The knockoffs can be decent saws, but they should be sold as knock offs.

Recently told that the pole saws, 200t and 250s are out there as well, I have not seen the ads for these myself.

Pretty much any Stihl or Husqvarna on Craigslist these days is going to have aftermarket parts on it even if it started out as an OEM saw.

I faced a similar decision. I have a MS361 for my main meat and potatoes, and a Dolmar PS-3410TH for work in the tree, and I needed something for occasional big wood and falling. I bought an AM 660. That way, I figure I've got all three bases covered - a climbing saw, a meat and potatoes firewood saw, and a big wood saw.

I also liked the fact that 660s seem to be all the rage in the aftermarket world these days, so parts should be even more available than for a 460.

YMMV.

Back