Hey Sawtroll.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at the rpms it seems it would come apart at the seams,, guess i am used to automotive,, you hit 10 grand with one and its coming apart

I've had my 346 up to 15500, but it seems to pull best at around 14900.

I had a mustang years ago with a built 289. It hit 9k a couple of times, but didn't like it. Only damage was bent push rods. :msp_smile:

Your story has a big hole in it;) It wasn't even close after mine was retuned. We really do need to swap the B&Cs on those saws. Andre and I did the same testing, only we actually swapped the B&Cs on the same saw. The .325 was definately faster on a NE 346XP. On a 5100, the 3/8 was faster.

I sort of knew he didn't tell the full story - and comparisons with different powerheads and different chain filers involved will never be accurate anyway! :msp_biggrin:

I've had my 346 up to 15500, but it seems to pull best at around 14900.

I had a mustang years ago with a built 289. It hit 9k a couple of times, but didn't like it. Only damage was bent push rods. :msp_smile:

289 always was a good revver, reminded me more of a Bowtie motor than a Ford.

I sort of knew he didn't tell the full story - and comparisons with different powerheads and different chain filers involved will never be accurate anyway! :msp_biggrin:

This thread was just a guise for having a little fun with me and Randy:) He just conveniently "forgot" how badly I beat him after mine was tuned, lol. That's what friends are for:)

i'm kinda likin the 18" narrow kerf on my 5100, LPX chain tho. Its a little lighter and dependin on what yer cuttin chaingin from 7-8 pins is a snap.

Latest posts

Back