hired my first Guatamalans yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the best solution is to simply stop hiring white males and start hiring immigrants who know what the word "work" really means and respects your investment as the business owner.

Shouldn't give in to the troll but this statement "stop hiring white workers" is so absurd. You hire whatever person is right for the job, end of story. The line between honoring and abusing immigrant workers has been blurred in this thread and the trend is towards abuse more than honoring. Trashing a whole new generation of young men and women is tired. We've heard it all before, every generation thinks the ones following aren't as good as they were. A little self reflection on human relations beyond thinking about "your investment as the business owner" is in order.
-moss

New source for labor

After getting a large contract to clear several acres of land i reallized that i needed some help to get the job done and FAST! just so happened there was a new assisted living home set up in our area for able bodied young people with some moderate handicap. I went by one day and asked if any of the guys wanted to go on a nature field trip. Before i could pick and choose who i wanted all 20 guys were jumping in the dump truck.all made it in but 2 in wheelchairs and i managed to sqeeze them into the chip truck box.Boy these guys were starved for a little something to do. Man we had that property cut and cleaned up in short order.After chipping a couple of trees i remembered that i forgot about the 2 in wheelchairs in the chip box. Man we worked for at least 30 minutes digging them out. I thought i heard some screaming but you know how loud those chippers can be. Finally got em out with no major injury,just a few scrapes.One of the guys had one of those new motorized hoveround wheelchairs. Man you talk about a versatile piece of equipment. that thing will snake logs a brush all day on a full charge. Make a long story short everybody had a great day,the job got completed and total cost for labor....ZERO!

After getting a large contract to clear several acres of land i reallized that i needed some help to get the job done and FAST! just so happened there was a new assisted living home set up in our area for able bodied young people with some moderate handicap. I went by one day and asked if any of the guys wanted to go on a nature field trip. Before i could pick and choose who i wanted all 20 guys were jumping in the dump truck.all made it in but 2 in wheelchairs and i managed to sqeeze them into the chip truck box.Boy these guys were starved for a little something to do. Man we had that property cut and cleaned up in short order.After chipping a couple of trees i remembered that i forgot about the 2 in wheelchairs in the chip box. Man we worked for at least 30 minutes digging them out. I thought i heard some screaming but you know how loud those chippers can be. Finally got em out with no major injury,just a few scrapes.One of the guys had one of those new motorized hoveround wheelchairs. Man you talk about a versatile piece of equipment. that thing will snake logs a brush all day on a full charge. Make a long story short everybody had a great day,the job got completed and total cost for labor....ZERO!

you must be related to treeinovator some how. :hmm3grin2orange:

Now thats funny!!:
laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...........

unless of course it's true then never mind its baaaad sooo very badddd!!! LMAO

Well here is my $.02...

I'm 24,white and hard working....

One thing I don't remember seeing brought up in any of the post is..."How the individual is raised?" Doesn't that play a huge role in how a young person grows up and turns out? Don't you think lack of parenting plays a role in the white guys you are talking about?

I would have to say that I do indeed take offense to what Treeinnovator just as the two other young guys stated and mabye its because he comes off so ignorant and places all white young males into one group and the way in which he states his thoughts etc.

I could sit here and go off and place him in the same group with all the other piss poor bosses out there too but I won't because I know I'm a better person than that and I don't need to knock other people down just to give myself a "warm fuzzy" for the day.

I know that I was raised to work hard and bust my ass for everything I have. That is what my father instilled in me.

I bet when Treeinnovator was growing up the elders of that time could say the same damn thing he is saying now.

Keep hiring more immigrants....????, erect their countrys flag in your yard...go all out and than see how the rest of the hard working american folk
react...:buttkick:

It doesn't matter what color you are or what country you come from...there is the same type of people as "the young white 20 somethings" being referred to.
Maybe set higher standards when hiring...

A person could go on and on but I'm content with what I said and will lose no sleep. People such as Treeinnovator just give me the will power to work harder and be a better employee and disprove his claims. Every dog has their day....everybody gets what they got coming to them.

"The glory is not in never having been knocked down. The glory is in having stood upright again. They never could keep me down."

I did not read this whole thread, but I'll chime in anyway.

If a person is a US citizen or a legal immigrant, by all means hire the best person for the job. Competition is what makes this country great. Don't bash people (immigrant or not) stereotypically, however, or you lose credibility in my eyes, at least. I am not unique.

If I know of a subcontractor that employees illegal immigrants, I won't hire them. I'm building a significant structure right now and illegal labor seems to be the flavor of the month in the building trades. I won't have it and will run off any crew that I know of or suspect illegals working. Friggin' consumers demanding the lowest cost for everything. For godsakes, think about where your money goes when you spend it. :blob2:

ddm answer the question man.

is the 550 for a climber or for a ground guy?

oldirty

Whats it matter? RELAX!

A climber for 550?.....not too much! A ground guy making 550/gross on the books should be able to drag brush and rake a lawn, and MAYBE run a saw on a limited basis.

Our GREAT ground guys are making that take home in a regular week. Unless your paying cash then a ground guy should be able to run a saw well, and be OK on ropes as well as have all other ground tasks mastered.

There is alot of guys in south carolina that will climb for $100 - $125 day...
But you usually get what you pay for.

hey DDM. is that 550 for a climber or a solid ground guy?
oldirty

Sorry missed your post. Thats for a groundie. I'm doing all my own climbing now
but I've had Climbers approach me and tell me they would climb for 13.00 an hr.
Last one i had Climbed about 2 days a week and ran the bucket for 3 i was paying him 18.00 .

hired my first Guatamalans yesterday. WOW am i impressed !!!
these guys are like renting a bunch of mini-loaders. they work like robot ants. hardly any breaks, no whining, no complaining, willing to work for 12 hours straight, and will lift ANYTHING on their shoulders.

I will NEVER EVER hire another white male again. I'm white and i know how we all think and work. we don't hold a candle to their guatamalan work ethic. you truly get double the work out of them for the same pay rate.

Isn't this the same knucklehead who said " I fired all my helpers and bought a 4x4 lift with a 8 ft wide basket to do tree work that costs big $$ to move". Now that's a smart idea. Then brags about Guats. that he "treats" them gas station hot dogs and water. Then says they are bringing in another boat full of them to hire. This will bite him in the ass in time. All I have to say is :buttkick: :buttkick: Don't let the door hit you in the ass MORON!!!!!!!

i'm white and i'll work all day and into the dark.

the best solution is to simply stop hiring white males and start hiring immigrants who know what the word "work" really means and respects your investment as the business owner.

i just won't do it for nothing or for an a$$hole.

Latest posts

Back