hoarding oil or OAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 83629

I seem to have a problem of buying bar& chain oil and 2 cycle when it is on sale at stores and dealers
anybody else have this problem? Im currently at 30 gallons of chain oil and enough 2 cycle oil to make 200 gallons of 32:1, along with three cases of lawn boy oil this is far worse than saws it seems.

I seem to have a problem of buying bar& chain oil and 2 cycle when it is on sale at stores and dealers
anybody else have this problem? Im currently at 30 gallons of chain oil and enough 2 cycle oil to make 200 gallons of 32:1, along with three cases of lawn boy oil this is far worse than saws it seems.
I dont see any problem :)

Just stocking up. That stuff keeps almost indefinitely. I just bought two quarts of Lucas 2T today that I didn't need but the price was right and I was at Summit buying engine parts so...

I do that w/motor oil…about 20 cases

well if it makes you guys feel any better i bought four quarts of mobil 1 mxt 2 cycle oil for 2$ at autozone on the clearance shelf.

one more thing spring - fall i burn close to 130 gallons of mix because i do yards plus i cut wood. i guess the hoarding will pay off.
the excess bar oil can be used on the haybaler chains LOL

Nothing wrong with that buy more the price will keep going up. You can sell it later when its more.

last months score consisted of redmax oil in the gallon jug i got one for 25$ the guy quit being a dealer to them.
got a couple gallons of the bar oil heck at 4.99 each im not going to turn them down.

one more thing spring - fall i burn close to 130 gallons of mix because i do yards plus i cut wood. i guess the hoarding will pay off.
the excess bar oil can be used on the haybaler chains LOL

I wouldn't use bar oil on the hay bailer, John Deere makes a spray chain oil that lubes chains and keeps mass amounts of debris from getting on your chain.

What problem? Sounds perfectly normal. Doing way better than me. :numberone: :cheers:

Guilty... I have a whole pint of Maxima K2 left, a pint of Motul, and a Pint of Bel-Ray.

What can I say I just like studying oils and the pros and cons of each brand

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

I bought my Stihl dealer out of bar oil several years back when they had a miss priced it. They had it labled for $8 a gallon.

This was when the normal price was around $11 and guys here were talking about it jumping to $14.

The dealer told me that there was a mistake and that once my transaction was finished that they were going to readjust the price. I bought them out....

stihl bar oil is 19.99 per gallon here can't afford it glad i nabbed some husky,redmax,echo oil when it was 4.99 per gallon.

Back